Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 PM

I called hummer today... they said i "might" get some assistance with my radiator issue if i go pay $100 to get it diagnosed by an official gm dealer. and then if the dealer says its my fault the radiator is cracked i am stuck getting it done through the dealer or i'm out $100!!!! Any help please?

are these radiators 2 piece radiators?

Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 AM

There's been a TON of posts on members with cracked radiators, and NOT ONE PIC! Someone PLEASE help out the rest of us by showing us exactly where/what to look for. THANKS!

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Default radiator

there really isn't much to see on mine.. i haven't found an actual crack... more of just a slow seep out around the metal clamp. i can try to take a pic later today.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by tate2326
I called hummer today... they said i "might" get some assistance with my radiator issue if i go pay $100 to get it diagnosed by an official gm dealer. and then if the dealer says its my fault the radiator is cracked i am stuck getting it done through the dealer or i'm out $100!!!! Any help please?

are these radiators 2 piece radiators?
If you know your service writer let him know if he can tell the tech to write it up as defect. That will get you covered reguardless of milage is what the rep from Hummer told me. In the end I paid $100 bucks and got the work done under warranty. As far as a picture of the crack it's very hard to see, once you build up pressure it will shoot out,or drip down the radiator. This will cause you to smell the antifreeze and you will also be showing low coolant in the jug.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:04 AM

I noticed the coolant smell just a couple of weeks after buying mine too. I will also call the number and see if I can get any help towards replacing the radiator. Thanks ya'll.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Smile Thanks to this Forum and Thread!!!!

Just got back from the Dealer and this forum/thread saved me ~$700-800.00.

I called Hummer as others did and initially they informed me that my 2007 H3 with 58k is out of warrently, there is no recall or tech bulletin on a leaking radiator issue with H3's. After persistence I received a file number and Hummer/GM also conferenced called the nearby GM/Chevy Dealer to make an appointment. After this call with Hummer was completed I called the Service Dept at the Dealer who assured me that I likely would be able to get a new radiator installed if I payed the $100.00 warrany deductable.

They agreed with my description of the issue the and replaced with a new radiator for $100.00

Thanks Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Default Oh Man, Not Now

Just turned 54,000 miles and I started to smell that smell. You all know the smell. Burnt syrup. Checked under the hood and sure enough, top end tank is leaking where it meets the metal core. Primarily on the driver's side. Called Hummer and got the run around. I offroad pretty harshly in mine, so I knew if I took it to the dealer I know they would claim neglect (which would be very untrue, though my 3 is very scratched and always covered in mud, I take great care of it mechanically), so I bit the bullet and bought an OEM radiator from a local distributor and replaced it myself. $225 later and an hour or so of my time and I know it's repaired correctly. Bonus, lifetime warranty on the radiator, no questions asked, so it will only cost my time and a couple gallons of Dexcool in the future if it happens again. Plus, no core charge so I have a new shooting target to take my frustration out on.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 AM

I would look around an find a replacement that’s not plastic if I wasn’t successful in getting warranty.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:09 AM

I had no luck with talking to Hummer either. I decided that I would rather try to find a good replacement radiator than gamble the hundred bucks with GM. I am talking to a company that builds complete aluminum radiators. A buddy of mine has dealt with them for some time on his race cars and speaks highly of them. I would love to get rid of the plastic caps. Hopefully I will know something soon. Even though the leak is slow, I hate driving it this way.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:09 AM

Yes a pic would be very nice. Mime seems to be leaking as well. This sucks...I just bought it.

Quick Reply: Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked