PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOT "just another leveling question"

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:36 PM
Default NOT "just another leveling question"

O.k. all, I went through the search engine first, so I didn't just jump in blind here.

I was going to level the H3, then searched, then measured.

I found these measurements:

Front Driver's side:
From HUB CENTER (letter "H") to the fender lip is..............23 3/4 inches.
From the GROUND to the fender lip is ............................38 1/4 inches.
from the TIRE to the fender lip is....................................8 1/4 inches.

Rear Driver's side:
From HUB CENTER to the fender lip is............................24 5/8 inches.
From the GROUND to the fender lip is............................39 1/4 inches.
From the TIRE to the fender lip is..................................9 1/4 inches.

Front Passenger's side:
From HUB CENTER to the fender lip is..............................23 3/4 inches.
From GROUND to the fender lip is...................................38 1/4 inches.
From TIRE to fender lip is..............................................8 1/4 inches.

Rear Passenger's side:
From HUB CENTER to fender lip is...................................24 5/8 inches.
From GROUND to fender lip is.........................................39 1/4 inches.
From TIRE to fender lip is...............................................9 1/4 inches.

I took some pics and compared them to other stuff I found in the forum,
and my keys are "bottomed out" (I mean they're threaded all the way in).

My question is this, how can I get another inch of height under the front if my keys are threaded all the way in?

Or should I even really worry about it?

I'll be putting on some steel wheels soon from Pro Comp that will move the tires out a bit.

The forum search led me to the factory original 4.41 backspace, and the wheels are 2.5 inch backspace, so they'll be out 1.91 inches further correct?

I'm only going to run 33 inch tires as it's the 3.7, so it won't really matter, except that inch is going to bug me.

Any Ideas? Thank you in advance.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 PM
rsc

You won't comfortably get that last inch w/out a 4" lift kit.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
You won't comfortably get that last inch w/out a 4" lift kit.
O.k., Thanks rsc, I'll just let it rest then. I suppose I could always deflate the rear tires if it starts to bug me too much, then I could get a better hole shot right? LOL

Seriously though, I appreciate it.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:36 AM
rsc

I don't let it bother me because if I worried about leveling the H3 at the fenders so the bottom of the vehicle is even, I then notice that the roof has a slight angle to it. So I would then want that level but it would throw the whole thing off if I did and I would start chasing my tail. Better to leave it alone and not worry about it.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:48 AM

The best place is 23 1/4 for less stress on the front end. Look at the bottom of the truck when leveling. Mine is sitting at 23 1/4 and is level at the bottom of the vehicle, but as stated above, the roof has a slight angle down toward the front so even though the bottom is level, the top still looks like it is sloping down just a bit. But I am more concerned with the drivetrain lasting over looks.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

23.5 -23.6" is the max you should go, regardless of what kind of keys (OEM or some worthless aftermarket set) you have.

If I was you I'd back yours down a smidge. Certainly not earth shaking, but we have learned a lot over the last many years on where the front should be to avoid front suspension destruction, just trying to pass it on.