PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no electical power and changed battery H3

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Default no electical power and changed battery H3

Alright have a 2009 H3. Have had about 2 years. A few months after we bought it we had battery issues. If we let it and didn't drive it for a few days the battery would be dead. I figured no problem can live with that. Have had to replace the battery a few times since though. Yesterday went out and had to jump start it after it sat for two days. Pulled it around and let it sit for a few hours. Went out later and nothing. No electrical.........nothing. Went to jump start and nothing. Went and exchanged the battery and nothing. Have been looking online for hours and can only come across possible pass lock module to BCM. Checked fuses..... So being this happened yesterday on a Saturday the car is sitting out on the street until Monday as the key is stuck in the ignition having no power. Anyone have any ideas? I am not very mechanical........ can follow a you tube video if needed. Anyone know of a good hummer mechanic in Southern California? I am in 91750, La Verne Ca. I was going to take it to my usual mechanic, however this being a specific hummer issue I figure that is probably not a good idea. Right now I am leaning towards taking it to Chevy tomorrow morning (towing) unless anyone has any ideas what the problem could be or know a good garage. Thank you

Old 07-27-2014, 11:04 AM

1, battery backwards.
2, measure volts on cables.
3, the h3 takes about 110 milliamp drain. 1/10 amp read in series with a batt cable.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:30 AM

I like number one that is funny..........however my wife might say I would do something like that.

I will get a volt meter today and see what it says.......

It does have the stock battery cables on so I did see in reading that everyone says they are problematic

thank you for the response, appreciate it...... just makes me go what the heck especially when I jumped it yesterday morning and moved it to the street and then nothing at all a few hours later, even when trying to jump start it and a new battery. Hope it is the cables and we are not heading to wonderland with this thing......... again thank you and any other ideas are great.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:27 PM

everyone says they are problematic
they dont go DEAD, its something else.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:09 PM

There is a main power fuse that goes into the fuse box. Actually it's located inside the fuse box. Follow the red wire from the batter to the fuse box and you will see the really big main fuse. I would check that fuse.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:34 PM

Let's start....
1 is there any lights? Sound's? Anything?
2 is hummer in neutral or park?
3 is battery for sure working? ie 12.9 v
4 replacement battery connections?
5 ignition switch work?
6 security light flashing?
7 headlights working?
8 all fuses checked visually as well as dvm set to ohms?

Chris

Old 08-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by happythree
they dont go DEAD, its something else.
If he is still using OEM Battery Terminal Connectors then the truck is capable of having NO POWER. The OEM for chit terminal connectors get fubared when people over-tighten them (just one time) like when the replace and exchange the battery.

Go to Happy Hummer's #3, do you know the battery has 12.6+ Volts?