PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 low profile light bar - how move forward?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Default H2 low profile light bar - how move forward?

Problem: Roof lightbar has 4 lights. Sunroof wind deflector interferes with 2center lights.Light from these is reflected into the interior of the vehicle through sunroof, andis very annoying at night. Not sure why GM had this light bar set so far back on the roof. It prevents a person from being able to look out the sunroof, or access the roof lights by standing up through the sunroof. Bad design.

Solution: Need tomove this lightbar ahead of the sunroof wind deflector.

Question: How do I do this? The roofbar has 2 stops (one on each side of the roofrails), that prevents it from going further forward and hitting the sunroof wind deflector. It will not clear it.

So, can Itemporarily remover the wind deflector, or remove the light bar to clear the wind deflector and move it in front of it? If so, can anyone give me the steps to do this?

Hasanyone donethis? These light bars came as standard stock on Special Edition H2s.SInce there are thousands of SEs out there, surely someone knows the answer?

Please help. THanks!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2842/BF8323B7D7CD48ED817CA0C83DB23C7D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Default RE: H2 low profile light bar - how move forward?

the deflector comes off easily, three little clips. roll the moon roof back and you'll see them. take it off, slide the roof bar, then put it back. or leave it off, mine made too much noise.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Personally I think you should sell me the lightbar and rid yourself of all the troubles....

Old 03-15-2008, 03:09 PM

When mine was forward the wind deflector made alot of noise. The little plastic things do come out. Fiddle with them and they lead inward i think and then come out. The clearance of the light bar to wind deflecer is not enough. When mine was forward it pushed the deflector down just enough to let wind under the corners of the deflector. Made a banging noise on the highway. Two dealers told me to put it where your picture shows it. The factory air defletor should be 1/8 inch shorter and all would be fine. Good luck. Also when my sunroof was open and no deflector got alot of that thumping sound at 65mph. I will be interested to see any aditional opinions.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:13 AM

kdec19 - thanks for the info. I need to ask you, does your rig have an Onstar antenna? If so, how did you manage to get the light bar in front of it? I took a close look at mine, and it appears that the onstar antenna is right in the way of positioning the lightbar ahead of the wind deflector.

I presume from your description that it was not possible to move the light bar enough forward to clear the wind deflector?

You are right, the wind deflector istoo high. It should be 1/2" lower profile.Someone at GM did not think this through.

My lightbar has 2 front stops, that say "onstar antenna stop". I can pop these stops out of the roofrail groove, the but other end of the clips seems to be somehow wedged below the roofrail. How do I get these out? Probably do not need to if the wind deflector screws this arrangement up anyway.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:26 AM

The onstar ant was not an issue. The clips are a pain to get out. need to come out at an extreme angle. The inside edge has to stay flush with the rail and get pushed straight down. When the outside unclips it makes the inside not stay flush. Unclip outside and the put finger on inside to keepa gainst rail and push the thing down. Kind of wierd the first time. The hummer tech showed me. Once it is off all will be clean on how it works. Should slide down easy. Yea the light bar will be right over the deflector. Hope this helps. see ya