PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Back up camera for Stock Nav system

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Default Need Back up camera for Stock Nav system

Can anyone help me with a Back Up Camera for my H3? I want one that would work with the stock navigation system that was included with the H3X. After backing into another car, I don't want to take any more chances. I've been looking around but haven't found one that works with my present nav system.

Thanks for any help.

Pam

Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Default RE: Need Back up camera for Stock Nav system

There's a few listed at the link below, including one shown to be installed on an H3. They claim to work with Nav interface, but it's pretty pricey. Might want to check for a sonar system first. You can get one of those for under $100 while the camera looks to run about $950 plus installation.

http://www.trailduty.com/index.php?c...12_119_304_311

Old 07-30-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: seafire1

Can anyone help me with a Back Up Camera for my H3? I want one that would work with the stock navigation system that was included with the H3X. After backing into another car, I don't want to take any more chances. I've been looking around but haven't found one that works with my present nav system.

Thanks for any help.

Pam
Not sure if there is such a beat yet. I have an 07, and have a backup cam hooked to a factory NAV, but the Factory NAV I have is out of an 06 model. The guys who make the adapter I have (and other manufacturers I talked to in research) all said the 07 NAV is different, and won;t work with the ahrness. I'm sure someone will develope one (someone else here mentioned a company a while back looing into it). Meaniwhile, you might just want to get one of those backup sensors with the distance display. Ther was just a recent post https://www.hummerforums.com/m_77270/tm.htmthat has a great price. They are easy to install, and cheap, wh9ile giving you possibly better warnings. Even with my backup cam I'm thinking of getting one, as distance is hard to judge in the display.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:39 AM

Hi Pam,
Just got your email about this as well.
Karlis correct, until now there was no adapter to allow connection of video input to the factory Nav system. I lent my Nav unit to PAC to develop one and they now have it available. Give PAC a call and speak with Jesse Armstrong.
I got the camera - CAM28IMPAL - from http://stores.ebay.com/KAWAMALL
Good Luck,
Paul

Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 AM

Two things I know.
If you have the deluxe Monsoon Radio system you will lose it by adding the OEM NAV. NAV radio is not as good.

The 2007 Radio is different from the 2006. Different harnesses too.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:45 AM

Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to my husband about this and neither of us know who or what "PAC" is. This is not the same place where you purchased the camera, that was ebay.I am located in NJ, where is PAC?

I appreciate your help, I backed into another car the other day andam really nervous about backing up in this truck now but don't want to have to install another monitor. The beeping thingy would proably drive me nuts so I want to go with a camera.

Thanks

Old 08-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Believe that it is Pacific Audio Corporation, I called them, unfortunately, Jesse is on vacation, and the other folks said that it is not done yet, no pricing, no delivery date as of yet. Might be a couple of weeks early to get something. Also, i don't know, but it might take them a few weeks to arrange for manufacturing, shipping, etc as I suspect most of this stuff is actually made in China or Taiwan, and then shipped here. No slam, just the way it is today.
Anyway that's my $0.02 worth.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:39 PM

I checked with my dealer today, Sewell Hummer of Plano, and the nice lady for accesories told me that they have a deal whereby they remove your factory Nav system, and send it off for a month and get a modification to it to add a video plug, and then you can use their back up camera through the Nav system. They put in a loner while yours is gone. Bit pricey though as they want right at $2k plus tax for that. Will wait to see what PAC says, but at there are beginning to be more options.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 AM

Whitestick,

$2,000??? They are nuts. I was prepared to spend up to $1000 if need be. That walmart special is sounding better and better!!!
I will alos wait till next week and give them a call. Demand = supply???
Pam

Old 08-03-2007, 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: seafire1

Whitestick,

$2,000??? They are nuts. I was prepared to spend up to $1000 if need be. That walmart special is sounding better and better!!!
I will alos wait till next week and give them a call. Demand = supply???
Pam
$2,000 sounds nuts to me too, thats the price of an excellent aftermarket unit with installation and a camera.... then you can sell your stock nav and still pocket a huge chuck of change.

I saw this article of a guy who did it in the slightly older model nav and had a direct video feed into the unit, it seemed pretty simple and they are working on a new model unit.

I am in the same boat as the OP, iIve always wanted a backup camera, to me doing solo trailering hitches is just awesome and quite handy.

Quick Reply: Need Back up camera for Stock Nav system