Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

My STARR HID installation guide with pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Hi there... Thank you so much for that awesome post on your HID installation! I am in the process of purchasing the exact same projectors for my 2006 H3... According to the sellers, it is a "Plug & Play" setup... Thanks to you I see that's not true... My only concern is, how difficult is it to replace a bulb when it burns out? I mean, is there really enough room back there to unscrew the two screws to the cap that holds the bulbs in place? They should of used a simple clip instead of two screws in my opinion... I would really appreciate your input... Thanks in advance... Rico

Old 08-08-2016, 07:32 PM

Only part I dislike is cutting the oem housing. Also the ballista should be easy on off one fit. There ok. Pricey. I'm a tight fisted Irishman lol....

Old 08-10-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
Only part I dislike is cutting the oem housing. Also the ballista should be easy on off one fit. There ok. Pricey. I'm a tight fisted Irishman lol....
I agree with you 100% and had the same opinion back when they were at $900.00 - $1,000.00 a pair. My problem is that I finally saw them on an H3 and the light output of these babies is incredible! What you see online and on YouTube does them no justice... I definitely need to do this... They're down to $659.00 for the 55Watt... Call me crazy, but you really need to see them in person to understand what I mean... Stay safe... Rico

Old 08-11-2016, 08:11 AM

The only real alteration is cutting a small notch out of the headlight housing bucket. I did not find that a big concern in the slightest. Even if you went back to the stock housings, it would not affect their operation.
Changing the bulbs (envelopes) is a bit tedious, but no very difficult, small screws and all.
And if it is any consolation, I have only changed my bulbs once in eights years of operation
I use the stock Philips 4300K D1S

Old 08-26-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
The only real alteration is cutting a small notch out of the headlight housing bucket. I did not find that a big concern in the slightest. Even if you went back to the stock housings, it would not affect their operation.
Changing the bulbs (envelopes) is a bit tedious, but no very difficult, small screws and all.
And if it is any consolation, I have only changed my bulbs once in eights years of operation
I use the stock Philips 4300K D1S
Thank you so much for your response... That did take a great deal of worry out of the equation... I'm going to order them right now... They are on sale right now... 55Watt for $461.30 and the 35Watt for $419.30... That's much better than when I first saw them at almost $1,000.00... Again, thank you so much! Stay safe... Rico