PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my H3

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Default I love my H3

Ok, I know it is a bit of a ridiculous title but it is true. I bought my 08 H3 Alpha in early December and had not really put it through any type of challenge other than hauling some gear and checking out some new cut roads.

I don't know if any of you saw the great fun we had in the DC area this past week but I was stuck in the middle of it. I work in DC and live 30 miles north west in MD. My commute is normally 40 minutes yet it took me 7.5 hours. Not because I was stuck but because I had to deal with everyone else. Well after 6 hours of traffic and only getting 10 miles I needed to get gas. I got off the highway and filled up. As I looked from the station I noticed I had two options... where I came from, well traveled and semi plowed roads that were at a standstill or the remainder of my drive on un-plowed roads... I chose the path less traveled. A jeep with a lift kit and big tires followed me and it was a blast!!! It was like a scene out of Mad-Max. Abandoned cars, buses, mail trucks, cop cars, etc all strewn across the road at funny angles where they got stuck. What made it even more spooky was the lack of power or lights across most of the area.

I am pleased and amazed at how well the H3 handled 12 inches of wet slippery snow. I had it in 4 Wheel high lock and never once felt as though I was not going to make it. We had to traverse a couple of downed trees (small ones) and at one point some idiot had plowed out his driveway into the street leaving a pile of snow about 3 feet high across the entire road. I saw it too late as it was around a corner and I ended up hitting the edge of it and the H3 barely blinked. I was on all side roads so they were twisty and at times you could not tell if you were on a road or not.

Sorry this is so long, but I could have written even more describing the crazy conditions but it was all handled by the H3. Funny side note, a doctor I work with rented a 4x4 at the airport and they gave him a H3. He tried to buy it from the rental car company he like it so much (he drove my route about a half hour behind me).

I got home and thanked my wife for letting me buy the H3 and not pushing for a XC90 (which I say a lot of on the side of the road).

Old 01-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned

great story,good commercial if hummer was still in business!!
i especially enjoyed reading it here,warm and toasty in bed with a hot cup of coffee!!

tell me about your tires since i do not have your confidence with my bridgestone 285 duellers.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:17 AM

Believe it or not, the tires are the stock 265s. Good tread left on them, did well in the snow.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 AM

I joined this forum 2 days ago because i was thinking of buying an H3 and this story really makes me want one now! I live in Philadelphia and we got around 15 inches in the last storm.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 PM

AWESOME STORY!!!! I only wish we could get some of your guys's harsh snowey weather here in Oregon!!!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:35 PM

Sounds fun...We have a blizzard coming into the Chicagoland area tomorrow... cant wait to zip around in the Hummer.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 AM

we got more snow comming here to buffalo- ower first big storm i had alot of fun lol i pretty much did same as him except tad bit differnt all my friends were calling me to come pull them out of the snow haha lol i love this truck and for me only being 25yrs old i hope this truck never dies lol deff will buy another one!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by JBROEREN
AWESOME STORY!!!! I only wish we could get some of your guys's harsh snowey weather here in Oregon!!!!!
Seriously! its supposed to be sunny for like a week straight. what's up with that haha. Although when it comes to portland I'll take the snow in the mountains and rain in town. Last year we got about a half inch of snow in town and there was practically a state of emergency. It didn't matter what I was driving, I couldn't move because of what everyone else was driving! but when I did start moving is when I first fell in love with my h3. This thing kills in the snow.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by deebocubs
Sounds fun...We have a blizzard coming into the Chicagoland area tomorrow... cant wait to zip around in the Hummer.
supposed to big the biggest storm since the late 60s not looking forward to driving anything in this one lol

Old 02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

yet it took me 7.5 hours. Not because I was stuck but because I had to deal with everyone else. Well after 6 hours of traffic and only getting 10 miles I needed to get gas.
,!!

im thinking of someone in an all electric green whizbang,,freezing their xxx!! no gas?,no heat?,no go? cant borrow a gallon!

um a hummin

Quick Reply: I love my H3