PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many active members in H3 section?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:50 AM

I've belonged to a forum for every vehicle I've owned, from mustang, F250, jeeps, to this Hummer forum. This is by far the slowest I've been on. I myself check maybe once every week or two, but there is rarely anything to respond to.

Honestly the biggest reason I believe it's not active is because of moderation of the forum and the ads. If you are new or have a new problem on your vehicle you cannot post a question that has ever been asked before or you'll get rudely told to search, when you search and find a topic but still may have a question or insight so you post you get rudely told not to necro bump, so ultimately on a 10 year old vehicle that most things have been done you cannot add your two cents with getting told.

I get it does get old with people asking how big of tires can they run or why is my radiator leaking, but that is the purpose of the moderators, to sort through those questions that are very repetitive and close those new posts and maybe DM the poster to inform them to search or link them to pertinent posts that will answer their question. They need to keep in mind that not every single post to an old topic is nonsense and you may have new information, new symptom, or a new idea to fix or change. I completely understand that the moderators do everything for free, but so do ones on most every other forum. On here they seem to act a lot of times like they are being bothered by moderating this forum, which results in the often salty responses.

A couple other issues that cause me personally to not come here often are the ads, I understand that these are the only way that the forum can stay alive, but they can be overwhelming at times with placement and that doesn't count the pop ups that only seem to occur on iPads for me. Secondly is the typical same responses that some feel the need to respond with, for example if someone posts something about a tire, there will always be a response about making sure you buy one of these certain brands because they're made in the US. We get it you're proud of this country but the concept of a non global economy is old fashioned and extinct. This is 2015 the economy doesn't work like it did 40 years ago, if you're still hung up on buying only America then good for you, but realize that that money in some way is still being spread globally, it's fact and it's how the economy works, but you'll still have some argue and try to make everything seem inferior if made elsewhere.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by staggs
...Secondly is the typical same responses that some feel the need to respond with, for example if someone posts something about a tire, there will always be a response about making sure you buy one of these certain brands because they're made in the US. We get it you're proud of this country but the concept of a non global economy is old fashioned and extinct. This is 2015 the economy doesn't work like it did 40 years ago, if you're still hung up on buying only America then good for you, but realize that that money in some way is still being spread globally, it's fact and it's how the economy works, but you'll still have some argue and try to make everything seem inferior if made elsewhere.
Yep... I personally do not care where an item I am purchasing was/is produced, and that is never a determining factor. I do the research, and then purchase the best product I can afford. Period. That however, is not a factor in whether or not I participate in a forum... Similar to how I research a purchase, I also research where I am going to "hang out" with regard to support for those purchases. I searched for a couple of days, on several different topics relative to the H3, and this site kept popping up at the top of the list. So here I am.

Oh, and a quick little search tip which works on pretty much any of these web forums... Google's "site" search. Go to Google (or Bing) and enter:
"site https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/"
Follow this with your search topic and you will get a result of all instances of that search topic on that particular web address. Works like a charm and has none of the "peculiarities" of the built in search tools.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:05 PM

That's weird, I don't have any pop up blockers and such and I never get any popup adds here other then whats on the side of the pages.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:03 AM

active

Old 02-17-2015, 10:43 AM

active

Old 02-17-2015, 01:25 PM

Been lurking here since 2009-ish? Still do. Got my 06 used 7 years ago or so and read a WEALTH of knowledge! Very smart/experienced people here, but lets face it, its a discontinued vehicle with a fan following such as myself.

Sadly I'm looking at dumping it within the next few years (if I can keep it runninig that long)

I'll not ever forget the first time I sat behind the wheel at the dealer and fell in love! But mine has been chock-full of problems, and all these years later I'm getting ready to let go. Face it, something as simple as a failed "master window control module has ZERO straightforward answers! It's all guesswork, nevermind much bigger problems, oh like failed engine head problems, plastic forks etc..

I think many folks have given up. Sad, since many where like me- gripped that wheel for the first time and said "f**k yes!" what a truck!

And since the forum is so old, with so many owners gone, I don't understand the whole "necro" bumping problem either. Face it, many second and third "new" owners looking for info on a failed, discontinued vehicle looking for info. So much information is found here! I love this forum though.

I thank all who have helped me and others throughout the years, so yes, a vote for another H3 owner here! The forum is FAR from dead! Some just gave up.

Necro bump anyone?? Lol (sorry Doc- you're awseome, but got a PERMANENT solution other than battery cables? That didn't work Sir Lol)

Old 02-17-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by staggs
I've belonged to a forum for every vehicle I've owned, from mustang, F250, jeeps, to this Hummer forum. This is by far the slowest I've been on. I myself check maybe once every week or two, but there is rarely anything to respond to.

Honestly the biggest reason I believe it's not active is because of moderation of the forum and the ads. If you are new or have a new problem on your vehicle you cannot post a question that has ever been asked before or you'll get rudely told to search, when you search and find a topic but still may have a question or insight so you post you get rudely told not to necro bump, so ultimately on a 10 year old vehicle that most things have been done you cannot add your two cents with getting told.

I get it does get old with people asking how big of tires can they run or why is my radiator leaking, but that is the purpose of the moderators, to sort through those questions that are very repetitive and close those new posts and maybe DM the poster to inform them to search or link them to pertinent posts that will answer their question. They need to keep in mind that not every single post to an old topic is nonsense and you may have new information, new symptom, or a new idea to fix or change. I completely understand that the moderators do everything for free, but so do ones on most every other forum. On here they seem to act a lot of times like they are being bothered by moderating this forum, which results in the often salty responses.

A couple other issues that cause me personally to not come here often are the ads, I understand that these are the only way that the forum can stay alive, but they can be overwhelming at times with placement and that doesn't count the pop ups that only seem to occur on iPads for me. Secondly is the typical same responses that some feel the need to respond with, for example if someone posts something about a tire, there will always be a response about making sure you buy one of these certain brands because they're made in the US. We get it you're proud of this country but the concept of a non global economy is old fashioned and extinct. This is 2015 the economy doesn't work like it did 40 years ago, if you're still hung up on buying only America then good for you, but realize that that money in some way is still being spread globally, it's fact and it's how the economy works, but you'll still have some argue and try to make everything seem inferior if made elsewhere.
You hit right on the head!! I couldn't of said better myself! As I said before new member are scattered to post questions.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:37 PM

Been a great help to me have owned several his and m998s (ck the one in the 90 movie Major Payne). The list has helped me as until i got my 2007 red x moded ,i had seen a h3. I
L owe a auto rep shop and now work on h1,2,and 3.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:16 PM

I like this forum as most are friendly .and if I have input on a problem I will help, but I do read a lot on this forum. and not post as much,

Old 02-21-2015, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jruta
Sadly I'm looking at dumping it within the next few years (if I can keep it runninig that long). Mine has been chock-full of problems, and all these years later I'm getting ready to let go. Face it, something as simple as a failed "master window control module has ZERO straightforward answers! It's all guesswork, never mind much bigger problems, oh like failed engine head problems, plastic forks, etc.
I feel the same way and I am trying are hard not to sell my H3. I am modding her a bit but also have concerns. I don't want to dump $ in her then the infamous Hummer problems arrive. My Old Man has a 2008 Toyota Tundra and he rags on his truck off-road and on and he has never had a problem other than changing the oil, fluids, etc.

Quick Reply: How many active members in H3 section?