PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Side Curtain Air Bags

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Great news. They apparently have decided to step up when these issues happen. I know several people that experienced this. One of them suffered some permanent hearing loss in his left ear.

Last edited by 3hummers; 01-20-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:16 AM

what year did they start putting in side curtain airbags?
thanks

Old 01-20-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by woodwardsh3
what year did they start putting in side curtain airbags?
thanks
It was an option in 06 and 07, standard after that.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aussie H3
There was a recent Aussie Hummer club outing day in a 4x4 park where two out of seven H3's blew their air bags during the day, there was one guy in NZ that went through two sets of air bags in his H3

Some reading here:
View topic - Hummer H3 problems | Australian 4WD Action

There is plenty of others if you search the net.
Aussie,
after mine blew without warning or a rollover I found out you can pull fuse 27 (at least in the US) and this will diable the SIR sensors. I do it every time I wheel now. Plenty of thers remove fuse 27 too. Luckly it only cost me my insurance deductable. The totla cost was over $3000...

Old 01-25-2015, 10:05 PM

Holy Bejsus !!!!!!!! This is NUTS! Air Bags blowing up without an accident? So Tainter, you're advising full the side curtain fuse (fuse 27)? Then you get hit and no air bags? WTF? I can't imagine asking my local dealer to deal with this on my 09' Alpha !!!!!

If I only knew beforehand about these problems

Last edited by H3Ray; 01-25-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Aussie,
after mine blew without warning or a rollover I found out you can pull fuse 27 (at least in the US) and this will diable the SIR sensors. I do it every time I wheel now. Plenty of thers remove fuse 27 too. Luckly it only cost me my insurance deductable. The totla cost was over $3000...
Ok, so are you saying you did roll the vehicle??

It looks like Hummer is fixing the problem, they still have the car, and said they will get back to us later this week with an update.

Great idea on the fuse for going off road, but should still be able to use air bags for normal road driving.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie H3
Ok, so are you saying you did roll the vehicle??

It looks like Hummer is fixing the problem, they still have the car, and said they will get back to us later this week with an update.

Great idea on the fuse for going off road, but should still be able to use air bags for normal road driving.
Nope, Never had a roll over or even any damage. I simply suggested to pull fuse 27 when OffRoad only. Never said while OnRoad. You will still have the front impact restraints (steering wheel and passenger dash) enabled with fuse 27 removed.

It's up to the specific owner, their personal safety and bank acct. wheather to go OffRoad in the first place.

Glad to hear that GM is finally stepping up to address your issue. They hid behind the "old GM" craps with mine. Still love our HUMMERs. Just not to find of how GM handled it.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:01 AM

They appear to be addressing the issue, we have a hire car payed for by GM, but so far they have not committed to paying for it, we had a call from them today and they said we will have to sign consent form so they can download the computer or black box or what ever the vehicle has.

Now waiting for this form to arrive.

Will keep this updated to see how it goes.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:12 AM

I had a loaner for over 30days, they downloaded the "black box" and then they denied fixing it.

Hope it goes better for you.

Old 01-28-2015, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I had a loaner for over 30days, they downloaded the "black box" and then they denied fixing it.

Hope it goes better for you.
This still has me worried.

What were you doing when the air bags blew??

What was GM's reasoning for denying the claim??

What was the end result??

Ay mods to the vehicle??

Just trying to pre empt their response when I get it so I have a bit of ammunition for an argument.

Quick Reply: H3 Side Curtain Air Bags