Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Default H3 not starting

So ever since before my battery died the second time on my '07 H3 it has sounded funny when it starts sometimes, but i never had it checked because ifi woulddrive all the way to Knoxville it wouldnt do it. Well, it wont even start now!!! Luckily i was at my moms house & not at Wall-mart or somewhere else. So now that were finally home & the HUMMER isnt here (roadside assistance is coming to get it from my momsin the morning & taking it to Knoxville) does anyone know what it could be???? Whenever you try to start it it sounds like your trying to start something thats already been started ( loud squealing noise). Thanks for any help!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Blue 2000 Mustang convertible
Black 2001 F350 Superduty
Red 1997 Silverado Z71
Black 1992 F150 Nite
White 1976 Mustang Cobra II
Old 02-04-2008, 08:01 AM

Default RE: H3 not starting

Sounds like it could be a starter problem, teeth on bindex or on thr ring gear of flywheel. hope you get it back soon.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Bad starter, bad solenoid, both or out of align, missing or worn teeth on the starter, busted tooth/teeth off the flywheel? Lots of possible problems, all not a big deal? Just needs a fix.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Whats up Doc?

Not a big deal?

Having a new car or truck not starting or leaving you stranded is abig deal!

To fix the gears on the flywheel requires pulling the engine and or dropping out the drive train. I'm sure it will be covered under waranty but it is stil a hassle.

H3 2006 Adventure/Lux/5-spd/sunroof/rock rails/underbody skids/block heater/Defender Roof Rack

Jeep TJ Rubicon 2003

Gone-But Not Forgotten 4x4\'s
1994 Jeep YJ
Toyota 4x4 Truck(s)
1970 Jeep CJ-5
1962 ****** Wagon
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Got it back at 4:40 that day, it was the starter,& they told me that ihad the 1st H3 with starter problems[sm=happy046.gif].They gave me a 2008 H3 loaner while they were fixing it, & the best part wasi got to drive around in Knoxville for 4 hoursin a brand new 2008 H3.
The service dept. there is alot better than the sales were!!!!!!
Blue 2000 Mustang convertible
Black 2001 F350 Superduty
Red 1997 Silverado Z71
Black 1992 F150 Nite
White 1976 Mustang Cobra II
Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Desert Dan

Whats up Doc?

Not a big deal?

Having a new car or truck not starting or leaving you stranded is abig deal!

To fix the gears on the flywheel requires pulling the engine and or dropping out the drive train. I'm sure it will be covered under waranty but it is stil a hassle.

NO, a big deal is like loosing a leg, couple fingers, being diagnosed with Cancer, loosing a family member.A vehicle that won't start ain't ****.You walk (god forbid) or call for a ride. Besides all the OnStar huggers can just call them.
I'm getting tired of people posting (BTW I did not interpret this as one of those....yet) that my truck won't start.....whine whine. My dealer tok two days to fix a transmission etc.. issue and gave me a loaner and now I'll just never be able to trust my truck again.......whine whine. How dare GM sell me a truck with four whole problems.....whine whine. It took 4 trips to the dealer to fix it at no cost to me.....whine whine.

Whining gets you nothing, not worth the breath it takes to do, and as all the mods here know..............I HATE WHINERS!!!!

The change a flywheel you do not have to pull the motor. You can get it from underneath between the trans and motor.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Tags
00, 2007, 2008, 2008hummerh3notstarting, fix, h3, h3notstarting, hummer, hummers, loud, noise, prior, start, starting, wont