PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E brake wiring Q?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 03:48 PM
Default E brake wiring Q?

2006 H3 with 4 pin flat hookup ..Iv tried reading up on this all day and ended up with more questions than answers..
First, I have found the bundle of wires by the right side of the steering column. Theres a black, small blue, red, and larger blue.
The black is ground
The red is constant 12
The blue is for the brakes?
The small blue?
I have read that if you have the "tow package", you will have the blue wire (under dash). Well I got the Big blue wire and the red wire but not the tow package.

Where is the blue and red wire located at the rear of the truck?
Here is the brake Im gonna use. If anyone has any ideas, or opinions on the brake unit,, Id like to hear it.
https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Contr...cc-onlyreviews
Thanks

Old 10-10-2016, 12:16 AM

Your post is a little confusing. You say you found the 4 wires under dash(small light blue is brake pedal input signal) yet then you say you only have the blue and red? If you don't have rpo code uy7 which I suspect you don't then the blue and red will need to be run from under dash to rear of truck. Keep in mind most electric brake controllers use different wire colors. Blue for brake. Red for brake pedal input. White for ground and black for battery positive. Seen many people assume wire colors and wreck there new controller. Just a heads up in case.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by HUMTECH
Your post is a little confusing. You say you found the 4 wires under dash(small light blue is brake pedal input signal) yet then you say you only have the blue and red? If you don't have rpo code uyt\ft7 which I suspect you don't then the blue and red will need to be run from under dash to rear of truck. Keep in mind most electric brake controllers use different wire colors. Blue for brake. Red for brake pedal input. White for ground and black for battery positive. Seen many people assume wire colors and wreck there new controller. Just a heads up in case.
I have the 4 wires with labels on them. The blue says "trailer brake" or something like that then theres a red a black and a smaller blue with a tracer on it. Sense the red and blue are there, im asuming they go somewhere? ?.. I can run another red and blue wire and it would probably be easier than trying to find them.
On the RED wire that runs to the trailer plug, is it a constant 12v hot? The red one (under the dash with the other three) is constant 12v hot.
Thanks