PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the Hunt for those great Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 07:31 PM
Default In the Hunt for those great Speakers

Simple ....
looking for super great quality speakers
I replaced Oem a few months ago for some "great" cheap sony but already blow one or 2
ready to buy some
looking to spend up to 400 for something nice

I'm not going to play music for.the whole neighborhood
so dont need really lpud speakers but one with a very clear quality sound

so far im looking between Hertz , polk , Rockford , focal and kicker which I'm leaning but cant decide

I know many of you upgrade the sound so any advise very.much appreciated

Last edited by H2Miami; 09-18-2016 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:44 AM

I just stuck in hertz all round and am blown away with the mid bass punch i get from them. I don't like it loud at all, i like it clear, and am well pleased.
I went for Hertz MPK 165.3 Pro's in all doors, with tweeters in the stock location at the front, and stuck the other pair of tweeters in the furthest speaker location on the rear of the truck. When you do it, definitely stick some sound deadening material behind the doors, and try and seal the door (I also used mounting rings. It made a great difference to the quality, and the response. I listen to the music on lower volumes now and it sounds just as loud (due to the deadening). If I didn't go for Hertz, I would have gone for Focal. Everything fits behind the existing enclosures, so it all looks OEM.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:34 AM

thx for the input

I did check it but it is out of my budget @ 599 x pair
only ebay offer around 300 x pair but I dont trust eby to buy speakers
where di u get it . how much . did the instll uslf
thx

Old 09-20-2016, 09:05 AM

I live in Russia, so bought them here, but hertz do a whole range of levels... for instance, https://www.amazon.com/Hertz-DSK-165...+MPK+165.3+Pro
i was impressed with the build quality. Just make sure you do some sound deadening behind the doors.. or even try that first with existing speakers, it really makes a difference to the sound and responsiveness. You might choose to stick with oem once done. See another thread going on with door speakers in the other section about AV on here, i posted some pics.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:50 AM

after your first post I've been doing a research onHertz speakers and looks like the best choice
those are in my budget range
I will do deadening , also i will try to fix the noise coming from the cheapo plastics

my speakers aren't theOem anymore I replaced for a mid quality cheap brand in a hurry to get rid of the Oem
but now looking for that quality.
will go with Herzt . starting the job next week. will post
Thanks

Old 09-21-2016, 07:29 AM

do you remember how deep are the speaker . did you install this same ? . how it fit
Amazon show it as 3.9 deep but I read the max fit is 3.5
thx

Old 09-22-2016, 02:15 PM

I can't remember how deep they are but you probably want to use some speaker rings (coated mdf or plastic) to mount the speakers to. If you use mdf make sure you coat it as if it gets damp (back of the door) it can spoil. I used spacers on mine. Still enough room to put them behind the oem grilles.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:53 PM

I was replacing the window regulator then realized all doors in my Hummer are covered by this material ... Is this standard on any H2 .. would you still recommend Dynamat or should I save the few 100s ..
looks like a good material , not sure how much of the noise stop cause I havent drive any other hummer
THX

In the Hunt for those great Speakers-20161003_173156.jpg

In the Hunt for those great Speakers-20161003_173203.jpg

Last edited by H2Miami; 10-03-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:55 AM

Hey. I had the same. It's actually pretty good stuff for standard, but no comparison to aftermarket stuff. At least the matting they put in mine.I think the key is to get it inside the outer skin, and then covering both sides of the inner skin if that makes sense. I then had some felt put inbetween the door card and the inner skin. I was on a mission once i handed the car over, i had the floor and roof sound deadened also, maybe it was overkill, but am well pleased with the results.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Also by the way, not sure if you've seen these, but these might be worth a look. We didn't have them over here, but i've seen a few videos on these on youtube and they might help ?!?

F.A.S.T. Rings 3-Piece Foam 6.5" Speaker Enhancer Kit

Quick Reply: In the Hunt for those great Speakers