PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard vibes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Default Dashboard vibes

For those of you that put on an aftermarket cat-back exhaust...have you been annoyed by the ever so buzzing sound coming from the dash at low RPMs and only when you just touch the gas???

Well I have...and I usually just turned up the Monsoon louder to drown it out..Only happens when I first started it and when the RPMs would be on their way down from high idle and it would start only for a few seconds until the exhaust note change the resonance...

Well I got sick of it!!

What I did to fix it, was to pull the front control panel off, it comes off real easy if you use the two power sockets with your fingers like a bowling ball and pull out slightly on that lower corner...then work your way around the edge until it all pops loose..the vent flapperscome with it...I only had to disconnected one wire from the very top center to allow me some hand room to get in there in the behind to wedge some foam padding around all the wires and stuff that could vibrate..I also wedged some foam between the dash and the two vent ducts that the vent contol flappers jobby-dos are connected to when it's in place, as the sound sounded like it was comiong from them in the first place.....I evenstuck on self sticking felt (hobby stores carries 8.5 x 11 sheets of it)around the wires to keep them from buzzing on something...Anyways, whatever I did, I must have wedged some foam in the right place as now the buzzing vibration is completely gone from the dashboard at all RPMS and idles speeds....I feel real acomplished

Sorry no pictures..but I have some on how to remove the control panel.

Opps..Not that control panel...although you should already know how to remove one of these....

This control panel;

Old 05-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Dashboard vibes

[sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 AM
Default RE: Dashboard vibes

Nice!!!!!!