PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bluetooth using factory speakers and mic and onstar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Default bluetooth using factory speakers and mic and onstar?

Is there a module or something that can be added to the onstar system on a 2006 hummer h3 to give the vehicle bluetooth connectivity for a cell phone? If so ... what is it? ... where do I get it? ... and how do I install it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 11-19-2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Selandbe
Is there a module or something that can be added to the onstar system on a 2006 hummer h3 to give the vehicle bluetooth connectivity for a cell phone? If so ... what is it? ... where do I get it? ... and how do I install it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Google or any other search engine for that matter helps a lot

try searching for "costar bluestar"

Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 AM

Yeah but 280 bucks to do it? Much like the added cost of adding a usb port to play an iphone/ipod etc? More forsight on GMs' part.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jruta
Yeah but 280 bucks to do it? Much like the added cost of adding a usb port to play an iphone/ipod etc? More forsight on GMs' part.

I use one of these and works out just fine; has a built in mic and you get 6hrs of continuous time out of it before needing to charge it. You do however, need and AUX port on your stereo. I installed a hard-wired FM modulator made by iSimple (bought from BestBuy years ago) and it comes with an iPod hookup and an AUX (can only use one or the other; I'm an Android guy so no need for an iPhone hookup). I plug this module in and works perfectly for my needs. $22.00

Check Amazon for:
Mpow® Streambot Mini Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output and Hands Free Calling for Car

or

Google "Bluetooth wireless car receivers"

Old 11-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Default iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit

This may suit your needs as well; It's essentially the same FM modulator that I have installed but now has Bluetooth connectivity. I may actually consider upgrading to this one.

Amazon.com: iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue: Car Electronics Amazon.com: iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue: Car Electronics

iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit

Old 11-20-2014, 05:18 PM

Find an OnStar module from a 2009-2010 H3, it will have the bluetooth system in it. I bought one for $75-100 shipped and swapped out the modules. Our 2006 H3 has factory Bluetooth in it and it works great. Call around to some junk yards.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:18 PM

The costar did not work in my 08, worked with the company (single guy) even sent it back for replacement and still not working. It would work, for one call and then it would drop and not reconnect.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 PM

Good to know on the later model OnStar modules. Is there any sort of setup or programming required?

Old 11-21-2014, 04:04 PM

No programming, just plug and play. However, I'm sure if you plan on using OnStar, then they would need to change some settings as the VIN is stored on the module and you would need to convince them that they module is in a different vehicle.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:54 PM

Nah, I quit using OnStar a long time ago! Thanks!

Quick Reply: bluetooth using factory speakers and mic and onstar?