PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 H3 Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Default 2008 H3 Electrical issues

Hey all..
Recently every time it rains my Hummer goes crazy. Sometimes the engine will stay running when the key is shut off, we have to pull the ignition fuse when that happens. Other times when you turn the key off the light under park will stay lit and the bell dings when you open the door like the key is still in.
I removed the speaker for the hands free system in the roof and water came pouring out. (There is a sunroof) Also there is an aftermarket Auto start.
ANY idea where to start with this issue?
Any advise would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:16 PM

read the forum, search,find your eway around. water is covered hundreds of times. sunroof drains clog, flood right side electronics.

aftermarket add on? new opportunity for trouble.
read past threads to learn.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF. The search feature is your friend.

In a nut shell, when your sunroof drains clog (and they all eventually do) water drips down the passenger side A pillar and when it gets your BCM wet, crazy things happen. Start with this thread below, get the drains unclogged, when things dry out, see where you are.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

Old 09-21-2016, 02:02 PM

Thanks, I figured that had something to do with it, I have had the drain on the passenger side fall out of the firewall before, causing a big mess on the floor. I will clear them out AGAIN and drill out the plug so it stops, hopefully this fixes the electrical issues.
It is going in next week for the HVAC Wire harness recal so I will have the dealer take a look at it as well.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Default Thank you Doc

Just finished putting her all back together the drain grommets were TOTALLY clogged.
Took them out, drilled them out and put them back in. Ran some Hot water with CLR mixed in and then flushed with more hot plain water, everything is flowing beautifully now! What a pain in the A#@ to get to them but I did it! Not too shabby for a girl lol
Now to let it dry out on the inside and see if this stops all the weird electrical stuff stops happening.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Old 09-21-2016, 06:41 PM

three times a yr i clean and rub the rubber seal and roof opening with silicone grease. i get almost zero water even running a hose on it.
silicone keeps rubber soft, better seal.
one rainy day i put dry paper towels in the two front corners and they just got slightly damp.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:19 AM

Hey Cloie74,
I suggest pouring CLEANSHOWER through the roof drains on a regular schedule to keep the them clean instead of CLR which is acidic . CLEANSHOWER has about the same ph as human skin and will not damage any of the mechanism/plastics.