PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Hummer H3 radio is working weird

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Default 2007 Hummer H3 radio is working weird

Hello, everybody!
Several days ago my Hummer H3 radio start to work weird. Four big speakers stop working simultaneously without any reason. But radio is still working with two small speakers. One week ago my transmission was replaced. After that radio was working perfect but two days ago it happened. I checked fuse and found out that it,s okay- not burned. May be there is some electrical problem?
Thank You.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by collega
Hello, everybody!
Several days ago my Hummer H3 radio start to work weird. Four big speakers stop working simultaneously without any reason. But radio is still working with two small speakers. One week ago my transmission was replaced. After that radio was working perfect but two days ago it happened. I checked fuse and found out that it,s okay- not burned. May be there is some electrical problem?
Thank You.
Your door speakers are dead. You probably lost one or two a while ago and did not notice until the rest puked. There have been prior threads, same issue. When mine went, both the lefts quit at the same time.

Good news is you can look for some new, much better quality speakers than the OEM junk.

6.5" speakers will fit (almost too small), 6.75" fit better, but there are fewer speaker models/makes available in 6.75" vs 6.5".

Old 12-18-2014, 04:54 PM

Some guys told me to disconnect both terminals from battery and put them together for 5 minutes to reset all computers inboard. BCM(Body Control Module) could be responsible for this mulfunction, so resetting it probably could help. But I think that if I can do it then my radio will be locked by anti-theft system.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:48 PM

no it wont, just test the speakers

Old 12-18-2014, 09:48 PM

How can I test these speakers?

Old 12-18-2014, 10:51 PM

Had similar problem hope this helps. https://sites.google.com/site/happyhummer01/config/pagetemplates/2007-hummer-h3-speaker-replacement

Chris

Old 12-18-2014, 10:52 PM

By the way went back and replaced the white diy rings with ebay adapters and the work great. I silicone the rings permanent.
Chris

Old 12-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by collega
Some guys told me to disconnect both terminals from battery and put them together for 5 minutes to reset all computers inboard. BCM(Body Control Module) could be responsible for this mulfunction, so resetting it probably could help. But I think that if I can do it then my radio will be locked by anti-theft system.
Your BCM does not control the radio it merely monitors the factory radio. Those "some guys" are clueless, holding the battery cables together on a GM vehicle does nothing.... that is not how you reset the BCM or PCM.

Disconnecting power will not lock your radio, it will be recognized by the BCM when you restore the power unless you put in a different BCM or different factory radio.

Time to go speaker shopping.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:56 PM

So you are sure that big speakers burnt right now. It's really weird that those four big ones died the same time( it looks like to me at least) and two small ones are still working. But may be You are right that it is possible that I didn't mentioned it before that one or two speakers get burnt before.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:06 PM

And thank You very much, guys, for detailed instruction how to replace Hummer H3 speakers! I don't know can I replace them myself or not. By the way, is it any way how to check speakers: are they good or not? Is it possible to check or not?