PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Hummer H3 fuel door replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Unhappy 2007 Hummer H3 fuel door replacement

Hello, everybody!
I recently purchased through e-bay new AMI billet style brushed aluminium lockable fuel door. My original old one was badly damaged by winter salt and started to fall apart. Is anybody have experience to replace this fuel door? They said in instruction that it's very easy to replace it and you don't need to drill any holes. I tried to find any video how to replace it on Hummer H3 but everything I found just about any other kind of trucks, but not H3! And How can I get rid of old original fuel door, that has all screws and fixtures damaged by salt?
Any ideas, please.
Thank You.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Is the your "original" a GM OEM fuel door? If so, open the door, reach in grab the frame of the door, and give it a swift and STRONG pull, you will then be holding it in your hand.

All those screws are faux. The clips are about as strong as the ones holding interior parts in place. I have said before, if scuz bags actually knew how easy it was to rip those OEM chrome doors off, they'd go missing all the time.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:04 PM

Yes, my old fuel door is original OEM Hummer H3 factory one. And after less than being 4 years old this fuel door became look like a piece of junk! It was ruined by winter salt and chrome cover starts to peel out! So You said that it's very easy to take it out? Should I push it out with my hand?

Old 01-13-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Is the your "original" a GM OEM fuel door? If so, open the door, reach in grab the frame of the door, and give it a swift and STRONG pull, you will then be holding it in your hand.

All those screws are faux. The clips are about as strong as the ones holding interior parts in place. I have said before, if scuz bags actually knew how easy it was to rip those OEM chrome doors off, they'd go missing all the time.
I know what you mean, I had someone try to steal mine by removing the screws, after two were snapped off, they gave up, morons.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:41 PM

So what did you do after they try to damage your fuel door? Did you keep original one or you change it for another one?

Old 01-13-2015, 05:51 PM

Kept the original, don't really see the missing screw heads.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Right now I don't know how to remove those corroded screws from original fuel door. I think I need to remove plastic wheel well cover from inside to be able to unscrew fixtures.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:09 PM

And for new Billet Fuel door I've just bought it's not as easy to install how they promise in their instructions( Just fit new fuel door and after screw four screws from inside opened new fuel door in to the plastic- what they said!)

Old 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Let's try this again... THERE IS NO SCREWS HOLDING THE OEM FUEL DOOR TO THE FENDER. Get it? Open the door, grab the frame for the door opening and pull the entire thing off. NO TOOLS NEEDED 5 second job.

Look at the installation instructions for the OEM door in the FAQ, maybe that will help. Click this link... https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...uctions-18958/

Old 01-15-2015, 12:19 AM

My gas cap chrome door is shot and corroded. I tried pulling it all out but no luck. I'm afraid to pull on it any more and mess it up. My only option is back to the F*%#ING Dealer. I'm about ready to sell my H3

Quick Reply: 2007 Hummer H3 fuel door replacement