PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 SUT gas smell/slow to start

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 12:08 PM
Default H2 SUT gas smell/slow to start

I'm noticing a couple problems on a new to me SUT (2007 model). I googled a bit and found some potential causes of the fuel smell, but wondering if these two could be related.

I've noticed the smell of gas after my hummer has sat for a longer period (hours to over-night). It is for the most part gone when driving and isn't as bad if it sat for a shorter period.

The other thing I've noticed and has been there since I started smelling the gas is a longer turnover when I start the truck in the morning or after a few hours of sitting there. For short stops (getting gas or running in the store) it fires right up. Longer periods, it hangs for a few seconds before it kicks in.

Just wondering if the two could be potentially related? I haven't been able to see any leaks, but this michigan winter is unseasonably warm and it's too wet on the ground to tell. Thoughts?

Old 01-27-2017, 06:31 AM

When this happened to my 06 H2 it was my fuel pump rotting at the top..had check engine light also for evaporate leak...replaced pump and ring hold down...cleared light ...problem solved...

Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Caraddict
When this happened to my 06 H2 it was my fuel pump rotting at the top..had check engine light also for evaporate leak...replaced pump and ring hold down...cleared light ...problem solved...
Fuel pump rotting!. Problem solved!. Thanks for the help.