PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Exclamation Your opinion

Sorry to start a new thread but i wanted some feedback and this is the fastest way- i guess .

Anyhow i want a sut kinda bad i already have a paid off h2 suv which i love and will keep ,. All the h2 sut's out here in phx avg. 28-32k $$$ for 55-80k miles on them already, some with even bigger price tags because of mods and upgrades. i found this one but the mileage is kinda high, but it does have everything i want

*SUT
*ebony interior
*28"rims
*volant intake
etc etc.

so i attached the active link drop me a line and let me know what you think id prob drop 4-5k down and make some payments, i just bought my suv cash bout a year ago so i want to spread it out some.

below you can paste in your address bar- if it is not active

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/1699887346.html

thx for your time
GSMASH

Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 AM

Looks kinda nice...not really my kind of look though (that would have stayed parked in the 40" of snow we had in one storm this past winter). Looking at CL out here in NoVa/DC....that looks about the right price (based on average pricing of what I've seen).

Looking in PHX....it almost looks like you can spend an extra 5K and get your mileage way down, which would be my preference. You can always add accessories as you go...but thats just me.

almost 30K miles less: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1718905603.html
almost 50K miles less: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/1728111523.html

Good luck!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:35 PM

I would do it, I want an h3t bad too. We will be paying for things til the day we die, so why not enjoy them til the end

Old 06-16-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by GRILLSMASHER
so i attached the active link drop me a line and let me know what you think id prob drop 4-5k down and make some payments, i just bought my suv cash bout a year ago so i want to spread it out some.

below you can paste in your address bar- if it is not active

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ctd/1699887346.html
Nice looking SUT except for the butt fugly wheels and tires.

Get rid of those and put some nice offroad tires on it and you will have a nice rig.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:56 AM

looks like they sold the truck i posted -just called today

that white one looks tough and miles are low!- i think ill look into that-thx

I think ill look deeper into craigslist for the options.

-LOL- yeah we will be payin for sh%#$ till were sh%#n in diapers so we might as well enjoy life and its pleasures, i gues LOL-

im just a cheap ***- i hate to have an extra payment but the sut has been acallin for like a year now-h3t are pretty nice too -but my h2 has 100k and now im lookin to stop drivin it so much to preserve it just a bit- want to give it to my boy when he gets old enough and wanna give it to him with some life left!

i was lookin around at cars but cant seem to get comfortable without my lazyboy like h2 seats!

u gies think parts will be a problem in 5-10 being that hummers are GM based-(engine / transmission??? ) dont some chevys have similar motor and trannys if not exact ( not to sure myself)

Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by GRILLSMASHER
u gies think parts will be a problem in 5-10 being that hummers are GM based-(engine / transmission??? ) dont some chevys have similar motor and trannys if not exact ( not to sure myself)
OEM replacements will eventually get tougher to find especially when you talk about trim pieces. But electrical and mechanical components will be replaced with after market parts and will likely be better than their OEM equivalents. I am keeping my H2 for a l o n g time and I don't worry about it.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Default Stand your ground

I was just at this dealership yesterday morning looking for an H1 Soft-Top that they also had advertised.

They had no Hummers of any kind on their lot or out back where they keep their newly arrived vehicles.

Are you sure that the other Hummers listed here are still available?

Alot of these dealerships will list a vehicle on Craigs list and then they won't go back and delete their listing after it's been sold.

This keeps interested buyers calling their sales department which in turn creates potential buyers for some of their other vehicles.

Incidentally, Up until a few weeks ago, I worked at the Hummer dealership down the street from the Luxor dealership. This was before I decided to go back to self-employment.

Anyhow; having worked with alot of the sale people at this dealership I have to tell you; the price they are asking is hardly ever the price they get for these Hummer H2's.

You already know what you're looking for in terms of mileage and price. If you see something you like at a higher price and you go to that seller and STAND YOUR GROUND. It's more common for the sales people to eventually knuckle-under and give you the deal your looking for than to flat out say NO.

When they do say "NO" to your terms, 99 percent of the time they'll be calling you in a couple of days to tell you that they've miraculously convinced their sales manager to drop the price a little bit if you're still interested.

If they can drop the price a little, this generally means they can drop the price alot more. If you show interest but, STAND YOUR GROUND, eventually you'll get the deal you're looking for.

I used to walk into the sale room during the course of my work days and -in passing- hear them desperately trying to come up with strategies to sell the remaining hummers on their lots.

Of course they'll do everything possible to keep from loosing money on them but, after having a vehicle on their lot for a certain length of time, they eventually start to loose money on it anyway.

So, don't think that they won't eventually accept your terms. If anything, they may do it just to stop hemorrhaging money a particular vehicle; and that vehicle may be the Hummer you've had your eye on.

If you're willing to STAND YOUR GROUND you will get the deal you're holding out for.

Upholstryguy

Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 AM

Great advice upolstry! there sales tactics are understandable but if they gotta squat a couple days i believe ( if in fact no one else buys they'll cave_seen it plenty of times). but i also read alot of bad press on luxor as wel,l so im still hunting.

and to vegas thx its good to get reassurance about parts, especially mechanical and electrical.

I was just lookin for a dash piece for my left vent (the holes were the allen screws go in cracked in both enteries) and i called 5 salvage yards and no one has any h2's and i called the dealership and they said they could order it but it would be on back order and id have to pay and wait for it to come in, so im already seing the scarcity at least in ease of obtaining parts.

lately ive been trying to add to extend life of my engine or adding to make its work load easier, i dont drive hard or offroad too much just when i go campin or so,

but i added and am considerin addin more
i added a catback exahaust, flowmaster
and will be adding cold air intake

*been lookin at the air raid and k&n but im reluctant because they are not enclosed like the volant cold air intake, is there a signifigant differance? i assumed the enclosed volant intake would pull cooler air better considering its not open to the engine compartment like the air raid and K&N, any input??

*also i was considering aftermarket headers,
*i heard replacing the oxygen sensor was a good idea as an early preventative measure just to ensure even fuel distribution
* ive already started to use premium gas cause its only 5 bux or so more a tank
* and am now doing synthetic oil changes
*some guy recomeded a throttle body spacer but not to sure about that yet

*im also conidering a chip for performance but am not sure if this will wear engine faster,

whataya gies think - is there anything important i could be missing, or anything youve done that your happy about

Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 AM

If want to extend the life...just stick to basics, like intake and exhaust. You start bolting on all sorts of crap and it turns from a reliable driver to a darn hobby...always tinkering, never quite the reliable driver it used to be. Oh, it wouldn't be a peice of crap...but the days where you could just put the key in and drive anywhere you wanted to will be gone (to a degree).

I had a 97 Viper GTS that was basically stock, mild bolt-ons. I had absolutely no problem going out to the garage, starting it up and driving 8 hours to NY for a BBQ. Years later I added all sorts of stuff....supercharged it, water/meth injection, laptop mount to adjust fuel/timing/etc....over 700RWHP. While it was awesome...it lost quite a bit of that "driver" attraction and became more of a tinker.

Same with my 07 Ram 2500 CTD....All the Banks stuff, huge tires, miles of lift...it was extremely obnoxious (which, by the way, I love)....but as a "driver" it left alot to be desired.

Went through several other cars....to the H2. It is obnoxious, to be sure...and it garners more contempt that any other "gas hog" or impractical/uneconomical car I've had (another plus for me)...but I sure do love to drive it. I just added the tires, leveled it a bit, and will probably do the Volant (had that in the Ram...loved it)....anything else will be functional bling...like a Gobi Stealth, some lights, backup camera...pretty much all stuff I can do myself (which I missed when I had the Range Rover).

I do like the idea of running premium gas, which I have not been....what are your thoughts so far?

Having said all that....yeah...sticking to basics is easier said than done!! LOL!!! Have fun...THATS what matters!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:40 AM

Try checking out E-bay too.. I have been looking for a nice H-3 and when what I want is not in the area I looked on e-bay and found 4 that has all the options I wanted with low miles and a buy it now less than the avg price on craigslist.
Stacee

Quick Reply: Your opinion