PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying out rust-oleum bumper paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:31 PM

after some time now i had notice how good this paint is holding up i think im going to try in a diferent area and see how it works ...

Old 09-03-2014, 04:33 AM

Thanks hmer for providing this info. My bumpers were really faded, and looked terrible. I got tired of putting back to black on them all the time. Finally, scrubbed the bumpers down good with dawn soap to make sure all the b2b stuff was off, sprayed a couple can of paint adhesion promotor, then a few coats of the paint. Looks as good as new. thanks again.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 AM

I have a h2 2008 hummer and was wondering if anyone has the lid to the very rear cargo side compartment on the drivers side or knows where I can get one....went to the dealership they checked gm parts seems that gm forgot to make that part can anyone help???

Old 09-03-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by GingerB
I have a h2 2008 hummer and was wondering if anyone has the lid to the very rear cargo side compartment on the drivers side or knows where I can get one....went to the dealership they checked gm parts seems that gm forgot to make that part can anyone help???
Ginger - Would this happen to be the part? #9 2008 Hummer H2 QUARTER PANEL Interior trim Storage pocket GM Parts Online

Old 09-03-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by GingerB
If it's the SUT then #12 - 2008 Hummer H2 QUARTER PANEL Interior trim Access cover GM Parts Online

Old 09-03-2014, 01:06 PM

Hi Hmer ..
I was wondering , this product act as a regular paint , do you need to remove the parts or cover the paint around before apply or this is more kind of black&black products
Im tired of the crap to keep plastic as black
Thank you

Old 09-03-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Hi Hmer ..
I was wondering , this product act as a regular paint , do you need to remove the parts or cover the paint around before apply or this is more kind of black&black products
Im tired of the crap to keep plastic as black
Thank you
It's a spray paint that's specially formulated for plastic bumpers and trim.
You will need to mask off and cover anything that you don't want overspray on, or remove things to be painted.

Name:  6PEV1_AS01_zpsfaf3e24b.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  20.8 KB

Old 09-03-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
It's a spray paint that's specially formulated for plastic bumpers and trim.
You will need to mask off and cover anything that you don't want overspray on, or remove things to be painted.

Thank you . Im going to give a try . If last for a year or so it is worth it the hassle . Thank you

Old 09-04-2014, 08:34 PM

h2miami like bunger posted in the picture this is paint so be carefull . I did my wheel wells and its holding up really good . scroll to the top and look at the picture i posted im also trying to see how it holds up in the interior. that rear panel i had to remove and clean up i think i had 5 good coats and even after showing this to a painter hes telling me that it looks like factory finish ... i have this crazy idea of doing this all inside the H2 , its alot less money than buying all black interior parts ...

Last edited by hmer; 09-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:32 PM

Found this worth checking out if you plan to give try it out.

Quick Reply: trying out rust-oleum bumper paint