PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of my 2007 H2

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Default Review of my 2007 H2

Folks please don't jump all over me about my findings of owning my 07 H2 for the past 6 months. I always see questions on here about people looking for info on the H2 so I thought this would help.

First off my H2 is black with the black deluxe interior. It has every option except air suspension. 54,000 miles.

I bought this vehicle to do double duty. It replaced a a 1999 Toyota Lancruiser and a 2005 Jeep Rubicon. So The H2 is my daily 10 mile round trip commuter vehicle and off-road vehicle.

Pros: Very comfy and lots of room to spread out. DVD system for the kids.
Sits up high with great driver visibility. Love the back up camera. Stereo sounds great. Goes pretty good off-road. Looks like nothing else on the road.

Cons.
1. Water leaks inside the cab area from the headliner onto the dash. Have sealed up all exterior lights. Removed roof rack and sealed all bolt holes and bolts. had windshield shop check windshield and sunroof. Found no leaks and sunroof draining. Now this only happens when it rains super hard. Oh well what's a little water.

2. When I took the H2 off road for the first time right away I could feel in 4lo that the H2 did not have low enough gears. I had to stand on the brakes a lot more than I'm used to. Yes the weight of the H2 is a big part of it! The place I went was full of ruts and off camber stuff.

Upon leaving and getting back on the road the H2 was now full of creaks and pops that were not there before. Dealer had to replace all of the frame bushings at my cost.

3. The rear console AC is a joke. 2008 they fixed this problem. With how hot of a summer we have had the AC was horrible for my kids in the back seat.

4. The interior is full of buzzes and rattles. Cheap materials and cheap leather.

5. Wish it had fog/driving lights instead of DRL.

6. Paint needs a good wet sanding and buff to remove factory orange peel.

7. Sunroof rattles in the tilt position.

Even with all of the problems it's still a fun vehicle to drive. I plan to keep it for a couple of years and than trade out of it for something else.
Thanks!

Old 08-31-2010, 03:53 PM

I think 4 of those have to do with something other than it being a hummer. Was the sunroof factory or aftermarket?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM

Factory Sunroof. Everything I listed is on a Hummer, or do you mean like the paint is typical GM orange peel which pertains to most of GM cars and trucks. I would say though my factory painted H2 is pretty bad!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:48 PM

I agree with #4 and #5 except I dont see anything wrong with the Leather. The paint on my 06 is outstanding. Maybe someone did a paint touch up job on your H2 before you bought it. Small repairs or dealer reconditioning will not show up on carfax.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Default problems

most of these problems have been aired , and can be fixed by you or taken to a dealer and repaired . big boy toys cost to repair .
most h2 owners understand that there buying into a truck thats
not been totally debuged by gm and live with it .. so far my h2 2003
has been pertty good , nock on wood ..but i would reather put money into my h2 that i love to drive than something else that i live with or cant stand to drive . just try debuging your problems one at a time ,and you will be happy with the outcome .. on the water leak did you check the drivers side top left light , somebody posted a pick of the repair on this ..
mike ,, happy hummering .

Old 08-31-2010, 08:12 PM

Oh I really enjoy my H2 just trying to give some info to new comers to H2. The whole truck has orange peel and shows no sign of paint work. Does anyone have any feedback for off-roading. Too me it just needs lower gearing from the factory. Now I know it must be the best of off-road and street so there is a compromise. I have taken all of the marker lights off. Pulled the rubber plugs around the wires and sealed with rtv.
Other than an H1 it is one of the boldest looking trucks on the road.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 PM

Is it orange peel or is the clear coat coming off. Had a black Yukon that after getting about 2 years old the clear coat started peeling.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 PM

No peeling just orange peel. Will come out with some sanding and buffing.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by No more Jeeps
No peeling just orange peel. Will come out with some sanding and buffing.
Yep, a nice light wet sanding and buffing with some good 3m polish will make it look about 100x better. I've done it.

Also related to the guy who mentioned having a yukon clearcoat peel, been there as well. It's definitely different than the gm orangepeel.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:47 AM

I ve had my 05 for 4 months now and my expectations weren't very high. My experience so far exceeded those expectations. I did go out of my way to find one that had not been off road and had just 20,000 miles. Problem with any used vehicle is you don't know how it has been treated prior to your owning it. 50/m miles affords a lot of opportunity for abuse. Could be why I'm not seeing alot of those issues. Guess time will tell. Enjoy it for what it is and best of luck with your Hummer.

One of these days I will have to turn the stereo down and check for squeaks.

Quick Reply: Review of my 2007 H2