PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear doors locks??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 07:20 AM
Default Rear doors locks??

Hey all,
So for years I have has issues with my read doors unlocking, but nothing that was that much of a concern to me.
Well yesterday I noticed that the rear passenger door was unlocked when all the others was locked.
So now I am concerned.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Does anyone know the fix?
The passengers side handle and everything seems to be fine, the only issue is the drivers side handle in the rear. It seems to stick out (on the outside) a little bit. If I push it back to normal, everything is fine, but it almost seem like it just cant slide back to fully flush on its own. It almost fells like there is just barely a slight bind.
Anyways, as for the rear drivers side, it will lock but it will sometimes not fully disengage. So I hear the lock unlocking but when I go to pull the door open it is still slightly locked and will only open about 1/4 inch.
As for the passengers side, today I could hear it lock, but not unlock.
Yesterday it wouldnt lock.
It seems to act the same whether I use the remote or the locking switches on the drivers door.

Not sure what is going on
Do you think the motor is going?
Do you think it is a faulty relay?

Thanks

Old 07-24-2015, 10:23 AM

I just started having the same problem on my passenger rear door. My handle does the same thing. I've lubed the door catch. Still sometimes only opens 1/4 inch. I'm not sure if it is a rod or a cable that unlocks the door. If it is rod I suspect there is a plastic bushing on the end that has deteriorated and now doesn't have enough stroke to fully disengage the lock. If it is a cable. It is coming apart or stretched.

I can still here the actiator working but there may be a bushing gone on the end that may be connected to the rod and it has failed.

I haven't pullld the door panel yet to investigate but this is what has been running through my mind while preparing to fix it.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Banned

having same issue with 03 H2---
A)...rear door won't lock,
B)...key fob won't lock rear or back doors,
C)...lock button on drivers door only locks front doors...

Old 06-08-2016, 06:58 PM

Just made a thread on replacing these, with pics. About the best price I found was $106 for rears to fit an '08. Still have the fronts to do. Took one apart, cheap plastic inside, not gonna last. Would NOT recommend getting used ones.