PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Arrow Question

I was told theres a chip that you can remove that would make ur truck 2wd all the time. i wonder how true this is ? anyone

Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned

lulzwut? No, there is no "chip" to remove. It's a fulltime all wheel drive transfer case hoss.

come on now, first rims on your HUMMER now you want to remove the awd from a marketed OFFROAD vehicle? Something seems fishy...

Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM

Well if your going to keep those big low profile tires I don't see why you would keep the 4X4. If your serious about changing your H2 to two wheel drive only why not talk to a mechanic in your area to see about removing the components if possible. It could be expensive I would bet. But that depends on how much money you want to spend on your hummer.

Not my cup of tea but Good luck with your project.

Cheers Malcolm

Old 07-20-2010, 05:35 PM

Use the search feature on the forum, there are several threads I recall reading that discuss removing the drive train and fixing the front differential so you can go 2wd. I'm pretty sure they were doing it to improve gas millage by reducing the drag it causes.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 PM

i dont want to do that i was just wondering how true it is thanx for the reply

Old 07-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by parabat
Well if your going to keep those big low profile tires I don't see why you would keep the 4X4. If your serious about changing your H2 to two wheel drive only why not talk to a mechanic in your area to see about removing the components if possible. It could be expensive I would bet. But that depends on how much money you want to spend on your hummer.

Not my cup of tea but Good luck with your project.

Cheers Malcolm
lol

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Use the search feature on the forum, there are several threads I recall reading that discuss removing the drive train and fixing the front differential so you can go 2wd. I'm pretty sure they were doing it to improve gas millage by reducing the drag it causes.
Its a hummer. It's not made for mileage. Every hummer, all the way from he military HMWWV's produced since the 70's, has been awd.

Originally Posted by theboss
i dont want to do that i was just wondering how true it is thanx for the reply
Of course not.. because that requires though, ingenuity, and money. It's much easier to throw a set of God-awful rims on.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305
lol

Its a hummer. It's not made for mileage. Every hummer, all the way from he military HMWWV's produced since the 70's, has been awd.

Of course not.. because that requires though, ingenuity, and money. It's much easier to throw a set of God-awful rims on.

lmfao... 85_ im upgrading lmfao 30 2wd drop kit and nos just to please you lmfao

Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Banned

Contrary to popular belief, ignorance is not bliss folks.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 85_305
Contrary to popular belief, ignorance is not bliss folks.
Add something of value of go away....I'm telling you, your daddy is gonna be pissed when he finds out you're using his computer without his permission little boy.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SCVipermad
Add something of value of go away....I'm telling you, your daddy is gonna be pissed when he finds out you're using his computer without his permission little boy.
Haven't you figure out yet, 85_305 is just a persona, he probably drives an old ford f250 and his wife, probably the family bread winner, just bought an H3 so he lurks in here because he really wishes it was his and on the internet he can pretend it is. This is why all the machismo and bravado regarding issues that are mostly nothings it's a deflective tactic used to keep your focus away from what he is protecting, his own ego. Ex military seem to have issues in this area more disproportionately than civilians.