Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Question (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/question-20018/)

theboss 07-19-2010 06:36 PM

Question

I was told theres a chip that you can remove that would make ur truck 2wd all the time. i wonder how true this is ? anyone

85_305 07-20-2010 11:31 AM

lulzwut? No, there is no "chip" to remove. It's a fulltime all wheel drive transfer case hoss.

come on now, first rims on your HUMMER now you want to remove the awd from a marketed OFFROAD vehicle? Something seems fishy...

parabat 07-20-2010 04:15 PM

Well if your going to keep those big low profile tires I don't see why you would keep the 4X4. If your serious about changing your H2 to two wheel drive only why not talk to a mechanic in your area to see about removing the components if possible. It could be expensive I would bet. But that depends on how much money you want to spend on your hummer.

Not my cup of tea but Good luck with your project.

Cheers Malcolm

Pauldy 07-20-2010 05:35 PM

Use the search feature on the forum, there are several threads I recall reading that discuss removing the drive train and fixing the front differential so you can go 2wd. I'm pretty sure they were doing it to improve gas millage by reducing the drag it causes.

theboss 07-20-2010 06:55 PM

i dont want to do that i was just wondering how true it is thanx for the reply

85_305 07-20-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by parabat (Post 227698)
Well if your going to keep those big low profile tires I don't see why you would keep the 4X4. If your serious about changing your H2 to two wheel drive only why not talk to a mechanic in your area to see about removing the components if possible. It could be expensive I would bet. But that depends on how much money you want to spend on your hummer.

Not my cup of tea but Good luck with your project.

Cheers Malcolm

lol

Originally Posted by Pauldy (Post 227701)
Use the search feature on the forum, there are several threads I recall reading that discuss removing the drive train and fixing the front differential so you can go 2wd. I'm pretty sure they were doing it to improve gas millage by reducing the drag it causes.

Its a hummer. It's not made for mileage. Every hummer, all the way from he military HMWWV's produced since the 70's, has been awd.

Originally Posted by theboss (Post 227708)
i dont want to do that i was just wondering how true it is thanx for the reply

Of course not.. because that requires though, ingenuity, and money. It's much easier to throw a set of God-awful rims on.

theboss 07-20-2010 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 85_305 (Post 227717)
lol

Its a hummer. It's not made for mileage. Every hummer, all the way from he military HMWWV's produced since the 70's, has been awd.

Of course not.. because that requires though, ingenuity, and money. It's much easier to throw a set of God-awful rims on.

lmfao... 85_ im upgrading lmfao 30 2wd drop kit and nos just to please you lmfao

85_305 07-20-2010 10:17 PM

Contrary to popular belief, ignorance is not bliss folks.

SCVipermad 07-21-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 85_305 (Post 227746)
Contrary to popular belief, ignorance is not bliss folks.

Add something of value of go away....I'm telling you, your daddy is gonna be pissed when he finds out you're using his computer without his permission little boy.

Pauldy 07-21-2010 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SCVipermad (Post 227765)
Add something of value of go away....I'm telling you, your daddy is gonna be pissed when he finds out you're using his computer without his permission little boy.

Haven't you figure out yet, 85_305 is just a persona, he probably drives an old ford f250 and his wife, probably the family bread winner, just bought an H3 so he lurks in here because he really wishes it was his and on the internet he can pretend it is. This is why all the machismo and bravado regarding issues that are mostly nothings it's a deflective tactic used to keep your focus away from what he is protecting, his own ego. Ex military seem to have issues in this area more disproportionately than civilians.