Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Need some images of water leak checks

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Default Need some images of water leak checks

I am in Eugene Oregon. It rains quite a bit. I bought a 2003 H2 this month and love it. But just discovered it leaks under the driver side and passenger side. In the posts it says to check the marker lights. They seem ok by just looking at them. But maybe the screws need tightened.

It doesn't have a sunroof. I thought of taking off the door panels. But that seems hard.

Any ideas? An image with arrows pointing to problem leak areas would be good. I did not even know what a marker light was till today.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 PM

I work at a dealership and diagnose leaks on cars all the time. I would start by blowing out the heater vent found under the car. Usually when you hook a air hose to it water & crap will flood out telling you you found the issue! If that doesnt work you gotta see where the water is coming in from...remove the sun visor and a post along with weatherstripping so the headliner will drop down a bit( put weatherstripping back before spraying water) & see if it has leak up top (windshield or lights) have someone run the hose while your inside watching, if no leaks next drop glove box down pull carpet back again have someone run water again to find leak ( could be from heater box drain)... Leaks suck...hopefully it's just the drains...good luck.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:43 AM

Take the right and lft marker lights loose...one screw and they will lift up. Look where the wires come up through the door pillars. There is a rubber grommet which has probably come loose. clean around the grommet and use RTV sealant to seal the grommet back down in the hole. This usually solves the problem. If it still leaks then seal under the three front marker lights with RTV.....push down and turn to the left to remove the light.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:18 PM

Tricia...

Is the water coming from the A pillars and leaking down? I just had all my seals replaced (warranty) and Vic Alfonso in Portland so I could rattle off all the things that wrote up in the work order.

I'm in Salem...Welcome aboard..

Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 PM

Door seals. They've shrunk on my 04 and started pulling out from the corners. Water will hit the seal at the top of the door, cross over to the inside at the corners, run down and eventually come in under the door sill and wet the carpet.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Default Fixed 2 leaks, just need to fix the back end leaks

The front leaks were from the door's inside where the heater blows through. I still have leaks in the back. Do I need to take off the top brackets that hold the luggage racks to find them? or do you think it's the lights?

Old 05-29-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by colbymh
Tricia...

Is the water coming from the A pillars and leaking down? I just had all my seals replaced (warranty) and Vic Alfonso in Portland so I could rattle off all the things that wrote up in the work order.

I'm in Salem...Welcome aboard..
Did you have to replace seal on truck around door and weather stripping around the door itself?

Old 05-30-2011, 09:41 PM

Here is what Vic Alfonso did....

Remove carpet/replace/clean/hang to dry. Remove grab handle and trim. Remove RH luggage rack side rail. Roof panel body seam sealer cracked. Clean and replace. Reseal door wiring pass through. Upper front luggage rail mounting bolt found drip. Remove and apply sealer. Remove sunroof, replace glass weatherstrip/seal.