PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
What about a locking gas cap? Much cheaper than a locking fuel door. I wanted to get a locking door then decided I didn't want to hassle with keys to fill up every time. I did buy a Defenderworks billet locking cap but the thing didn't work so I sent it back.
Primarily, I just want to cover the huge hole in the side. I know its supposed to look rugged but would it really have been too much to put a smooothe door on over it? It would look alot better with my wrap and give me more room to advertise my awesomeness. j/k

What about the DW didnt work?

I was thinking I would take a chance on the Defenderworx and just try to work out the mounting issues. Haven't heard many complaints about the fit and quality. Seems like the looks are good and the price doesnt seem too bad.
I dug up the install instructions on the Real Wheels. It's billet and it looks like it might not fall off in the first pothole but I would really like to hear from someone with experience before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the input

Old 09-11-2014, 08:20 AM

The cap just didn't lock. It would thread onto the filler neck but it wouldn't lock. I don't know if mine was defective or what. I bought it brand new from Ebay still in the package but ended up sending it back. I have the factory fuel door on mine that I pained black wrinkle coat.

I believe you can get locking caps from the local auto store. Honestly I would try and find a factory cover and just put a locking cap inside.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ant69
Primarily, I just want to cover the huge hole in the side. I know its supposed to look rugged but would it really have been too much to put a smooothe door on over it? It would look alot better with my wrap and give me more room to advertise my awesomeness. j/k

What about the DW didnt work?

I was thinking I would take a chance on the Defenderworx and just try to work out the mounting issues. Haven't heard many complaints about the fit and quality. Seems like the looks are good and the price doesnt seem too bad.
I dug up the install instructions on the Real Wheels. It's billet and it looks like it might not fall off in the first pothole but I would really like to hear from someone with experience before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the input
Hey, what did you end up getting in the end ? I too am looking for a black fuel door. I currently have a chrome one on there which has seen better days. I too am puzzled about the defenderworks one. I've had bad experience with piratemfg so they wont be seeing my money either.
Any advice ?

Old 05-19-2015, 05:17 PM

Unfortunately no advise... After I got my Wrap installed the look of the fuel inlet wasn't as bad as I had envisioned.

Sorry

https://instagram.com/p/ziPTBysSPe/?taken-by=str6869
https://instagram.com/p/yfRYpSMSE3/?taken-by=str6869

Last edited by ant69; 05-19-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Pic/link added
Old 05-20-2015, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by ant69
Unfortunately no advise... After I got my Wrap installed the look of the fuel inlet wasn't as bad as I had envisioned.

Sorry

https://instagram.com/p/ziPTBysSPe/?taken-by=str6869
https://instagram.com/p/yfRYpSMSE3/?taken-by=str6869
Love the look of that! Thinking plastidip might be my friend here for the time being.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 AM

Need a fuel door as well, are these any good?
Hummer H2 2003-2010 Smooth Billet Locking Fuel Door by Pirate MFG

BTW fuel price in UK is $8 per US Gallon - double!

Last edited by oceanbrave; 05-31-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Need a fuel door as well, are these any good?
Hummer H2 2003-2010 Smooth Billet Locking Fuel Door by Pirate MFG

BTW here in UK price is $8

Strongly suggest you give piratemfg a swerve. I bought some oversize hinges and springs from them for my H2. The quality of the fit was awful. I ended up having to drill the stuff in a press to get it to fit. They never once answered an email from me directly, or even via amazon (where i purchased it). Amazon were unable to force the issue because i was out of my initial return window when i attempted to fit them ( i had to wait to get them brought over from the states). You can see reviews on amazon etc and posts on here...

Old 05-28-2015, 05:44 PM

Plasti dip is definitely a good temp fix for some small changes. I approve. A few chrome pieces and even a few painted parts are holding up well a year after I applied it. plus it is a good way to see if you really like the look without permanently damaging or changing parts. I'll be searching out black OE replacements of my mirror covers sell ing the chrome and my side "Airboxes" will be getting a permanent paint job along with my brush guard once I finish some other upgrades.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Strongly suggest you give piratemfg a swerve. I bought some oversize hinges ...
So any suggestions as to where one can get a plain faced chrome fuel door i.e. one that doesn't have visible external screws?

Unfortunately the only supplier I've found is piratemfg or companies that sell their stock.

Cheers

Old 06-09-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
So any suggestions as to where one can get a plain faced chrome fuel door i.e. one that doesn't have visible external screws?

Unfortunately the only supplier I've found is piratemfg or companies that sell their stock.

Cheers

Unfortunately, I never got any real good recommendations on the fuel doors except that the GM part is the least troublesome for fit and finish it
has the bolts though.
Hummer H2 Billet Parts & Accessories |