PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy from Texas Direct?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Default Anyone buy from Texas Direct?

Has anyone had experience purchasing a vehicle Texas Direct Auto? I've heard a lot of bad things about them, but some good things as well. Everyone complains when something goes wrong, but few people mention anything if their car works great... so, I'd like to get some opinions on these guys if you have one.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:18 AM

I have a car dealer license and have seen their cars listed on some of the dealer only sites. I can tell you I have also heard the bad stories. There is a rating system used on the wholesale site where their cars are listed. At this time 85% of the cars they sold were received as described. The other 15% were sent back after arbitration. When the site was first created the cars were described very accurately. I think these were the first guys to eliminate the in detail description and begin a trend of bending the rules and descibing there cars in a manner to avoid arbitration. Always seemed to me they were hiding something but in their defense they have about 1,400 cars listed so that would be a lot of work. If you are looking for something they have PM me and I will see if it's listed on the site.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Thank you so much!

Old 08-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

Near Buffalo eh? Whereabouts "near buffalo"? Have you linked up with the other locals for HUMMER meets yet?

Old 08-13-2010, 02:38 PM

That place is the largest ebay seller in the world. I test drove a Hummer h1 acouple of weeks ago there. I have a couple of friends that bought cars there and had a good experience. One was a bmw and the other was an infiniti. If you dought their honesty, you could always have the car checked by the actual hummer dealer. also ask for a car fax.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure who they are but be careful buying long distance. see if you can get a local Hummer owner to do a walk around inspection for you.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 PM

I hear so many complaints from people who purchase long distance, and get nothing but warnings. Unfortunately, nobody has a suitable Hummer H2 in my area, or even my state. I do not like the looks of the H2 SUT's, and that's all my state has. H3's are all over the place, and they are absolute pieces of ****. You couldn't pay me to drive one... they're cheaper in quality than my $18,000 toyota -- and that's bad. I absolutely HATE the H3's.

So, my option is to either tough it out and buy from eBay, or some other place... or just buy a Cadillac Escalade (I love these!) and forget about the Hummer H2 for a while.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:21 PM

I went there and looked at a few before i bought mine. They had about 20 sales people there and lots of customers looking around, they sell alot of cars locally as well. There were about five hummers i was interested in looking at, two looked just as they did online, the other three had things wrong with the exterior you couldn't see in the pictures that ruled them out. The two i liked drove fine and i would have bought one of them, but i found a better deal at another dealership.

Like others have said if you wish to purchase from them have someone in houston go check out the ones your interested in first.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting observation on the H3s. I have driven several and own a 2008 H3 Alpha. Far from being a "piece of crap" it has been an extremely reliable vehicle with only a couple of minor warranty issues. I have wheeled it in Anza Borrega, on 2N17X, Cleghorn and many trails in the Big Bear area. It has also impressed me as a very good offroad truck. I normally wheel one of the H1s but have found myself grabbing the keys to the H3 more and more often.
I would be interested to know your experiences with the H3 that lead you to your conclusion.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HummerForGroceries
I hear so many complaints from people who purchase long distance, and get nothing but warnings. Unfortunately, nobody has a suitable Hummer H2 in my area, or even my state. I do not like the looks of the H2 SUT's, and that's all my state has. H3's are all over the place, and they are absolute pieces of ****. You couldn't pay me to drive one... they're cheaper in quality than my $18,000 toyota -- and that's bad. I absolutely HATE the H3's.

So, my option is to either tough it out and buy from eBay, or some other place... or just buy a Cadillac Escalade (I love these!) and forget about the Hummer H2 for a while.
Cheaper than an $18k toyota? Interesting. Have you actually even researched the H3? Have you looked at reliability ratings and statistics? For that matter, have you ever read any online reviews? The H3 consistantly scores higher than Jeep Wranglers in nearly every review.

Aside from all that, my H3 has gone absolutely anywhere I've needed it to go; from hill climbs, creek trekking, mud holes, trails, recovery missions in the woods and mud holes, etc. And it's never let me down. AND it was bone stock whil doing all this.

Aside from all that, an H3 will smoke an H2 offroad because they are so much smaller and more nimble. Not saying the H2 is junk, because it isn't, but the H3 does everything it can do but gets 20mpg.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy from Texas Direct?