PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension Question/Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Default Air Suspension Question/Clarification

Hello everyone reading this!!

I was hoping for some help and clarification:

I have a 03 H2, with rear end sagging. I have been reading posts about this issue so i have some fair knowledge but some things I need some help with.

When i turn on the ignition (before starting) I can hear a solenoid or relay kick on with the compressor for 4 small 2 second bursts. I can feel this occur when i place my hand on the compressor. After that nothing, and the dash display gives me a air suspension error of sorts. I can also turn the key further and start the vehicle. At that point everything repeats itself. Is this a normal process?? Is the compressor priming itself? Nothing happens with the bags at this point either.

Also, is there a way to manually fill the airbags with a garage compressor without splicing any hoses or air lines? I need to fill them up and see if they are leaking?

Can the ride height sensor cause my issue?

I dont have any scan codes since from reading other posts my OBDII scanner will not do the job.

Also, how does the shrader valve work in the trunk. It seems I can fill the compressor manually but not my tires. Is there an adapter that I need to buy? Is this connected to the same compressor that fills the bags?

I hope I was specific enough!!

Thank you!!

Old 10-07-2016, 02:21 PM

The schrader valve in the back is for an airhose to connect to that fills your tires, You have whats called a "dual stage compressor". It came with the adventure package. As far as the Air Bags not inflating you may have burnt the compressor out. I would disconnect a line, make sure the rear end is not lifted and start it. If there is no air coming through the air line that connects to your compressor then you may have other problems. there is a thread on these forums regarding converting to a coilspring.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Abe
Default Great tires at affordible prices

Have them on my hummer h2 sno2, mud street just great traction not disappointed 3d

http://www.treadwright.com?afmc=41