PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen headrests

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Default Stolen headrests

The other day someone broke into by H2 and stole the headrest with monitors attached, so now I have the metal backing but nothing else. I was trying to remove the headrests but there is no plastic backing to push in on and remove the headrest. The metal pole just goes straight into the chair back. Can someone please help.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:53 PM

Sorry for your loss....
Can you take a picture of whats left from a couple of angles?

Old 07-21-2016, 11:08 AM

Here is a few shots. Hope they came through.

Attached Thumbnails Stolen headrests-image.jpeg   Stolen headrests-image.jpg  
Old 07-21-2016, 08:04 PM

Geeez that blows.... again sorry

Look around the square things on the tops of the seats where the posts are going into.
You MIGHT need a tiny hole that a paper clip could be pushed into.
If so, take a paper clip and jam it in there (kind of hard if I remember when changing mine) and pull up.
You might need to disassemble the armrest console (just remove the bucket) and locate the read seat monitor cables - it is a DIN connector. Disconnect them and pull the cable from under the seat (tugging from the arm rest console) until free. Then pull up the posts and the cable should get pulled up too.

This worked for me.

My dvd headrests were cracked and scratched and looked like spiderwebs with ink on it. I lucked out and craigslist had someone selling NON-DVD h2 headrests for $25 for the pair. It was 100 mile drive but worth it. Alternatively I could have spent $1000+ dollars for replacement but now a days, kids are glued to tables and cell phones. If a long road trip is in store, I'll buy a couple of ~$100 tablets and tether internet off my phone. Then one can watch Avengers Civil War and the other can play mine craft or whatever.