PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vizualogic monitor help neededHi guys,

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Default vizualogic monitor help neededHi guys,

HI guys,
Im trying to get the headrest monitors connected to my new head unit and i need some insight into the wiring,
I've spliced into the old wiring which connects from the monitors to the old stereo/dvd player and uncovered the wiring.

now i need to find out what each of the wires do. Does anyone know which wire would do what?power,video,audio etc?
I've emailed vizualogic directly but just encase they cant help i thought i'd ask you guys.
any help would be great.
Thanks

Old 03-25-2012, 02:51 PM

quick update for anyone with similar problem.
The connection is an 8 pin mini din plug and from testing today, the positive power supply is the single black wire and negative/ground is the un-insulated silver wire.
will update once i've figured out what the inputters are.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM

Just from looking at it the black/red should be your true power. Yellow should be video. The Red/White should be a stereo input/ouput and the white by itself should be a mono input/output. I could be 100% wrong but that are pretty widely used conventions.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM

the white wire that is doubled with an uninsulated silver wire (2nd from the left) is the video input. i connected the power up and tested it with a Wii and it come on. just need to connect this to the hea dunit now. hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Any update. Got same issue. What's each wire do?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:56 AM

Hi, Yeh sure, from the image in the first post here is what each wire does:

From Left to Right:

Yellow- Audio

Black with White and silver inside- White and silver are AV input

Red- Audio

Black- Power positive

Black with white red and silver - silver is power negative and i think the white and red is a second AV input although i havent used these.

If you are looking to run the headrest monitors from an aftermarket head unit/dvd player, you run an AV wire from the head unit's AV OUT (video) plug to the headrest monitor plugs. Then you connect the White and Silver wires to the AV lead and the Black and Silver to a power supply and you are done.
If you want the audio to come out of the headphone sockets on the monitors then you run 2 more RCA wires from the rear of the head unit's AV out (audio) plug to the headrest monitors plug and connect them to the Yellow and Red wires.
The smaller red and white wires i believe are a second AV input connection however i havent used these.
It's unusual how GM/Vizualogic have used each wire and doesn't seem right to me but that's how it has worked for me.

UPDATE:
A few days ago the screens stopped working properly. If the left was on, the right would stop working and if they were both on they would both stop working and so on.
Basically there wasn't enough power in the AV video signal to split evenly between the two screens at the same time. (not sure ow this happened because it's been workign fine up until now).
Anyway, to fix this I got an RCA (composite) Video amplifier/splitter. I changed the connections on the headrest monitors to a composite plug so this way, each screen has their own video signal direct from the amplifier.
Works a treat.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM

if you get reply from vizualogic please post i have the same issue

Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 AM

If you read the posts above it says what each wire does...you simply wire the power cables up with a 12v source and the av cables up with an av source....and if you want to use headphones with the screens, wire the audio wires up with the audio source form the back of your head unit.
Ive listed what each wire does above.