PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not HUMMER tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Default Not HUMMER tires

Is the reason I'm posting in OFF TOPIC...

I'm looking for a set of tires for the Jag 225/45/hr17..

Right now I like the reviews and price of the Tire Rack's price on Yokohama Avid H4S, 60,000 miletreadwear(500), 150 MPH, all season($105 plus shipping)..I would like to find them cheaper or at least no shipping, anybody know of a place? or of a better tire?...I was looking at General Exclaim UHP too, but they are only good for above freezing temps and 40,000 mile treadwear (380)

Old 05-20-2007, 12:38 AM
JM
Default RE: Not HUMMER tires

I would not go for YOKOS for a jag.
In view of your tires sizes you should have the sport pack since the standard X comes equipped with 225/55/17.
the best performance tires to fit the chassis of the X are the PIRELLI ASSIMETRICO P0. but first, they are costing an arm and a leg they wear extremely fast, as all performance tires, and are totally useless if you average driving speed is in between 80 and 110 MPH.
Being you, I will go for the MICHELIN energy series. Michelin site in the US is MICHELIN USA.COM. Here below a review of the Energy MXV4 Plus which, in my opinion is a good compromise. And Dennis you know better than save a few bucks on the tires since they are an essential part of your safety.

Energy MXV4 Plus tires are Michelin's best-selling and most popular Grand Touring All-Season tires developed to meet the needs of sporty coupe and luxury performance sedan drivers. Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus tires are designed to offer a high level of comfort, long tread life, consistent and precise handling and all-season traction, including in light snow.[/i] Energy MXV4 Plus tires incorporate an advanced version of Michelin's Radial XSE Technology (which consists of a Smart Tread Compound, Optimized Casing Shape and Optimized Mass Distribution) and use Michelin's silica-based rubber compounds that help resist wear, improve fuel economy, and hold the road. This compound is molded into a seven-rib tread design that provides more grooves to enhance foul weather traction. It also incorporates offset shoulder and diagonal intermediate blocks that are designed to "flow" through the contact patch for a quiet ride. The tire's structure includes a rounded casing shape to provide predictable handling, and has been optimized to equalize the tire's footprint pressure to extend its tread life. BAZ Technology (spirally wrapped nylon, Banded At Zero degrees) reinforces the Energy MXV4 Plus' twin steel belts to provide high-speed durability while it helps maintain ride comfort.[/i] [/i]

Old 05-20-2007, 01:28 AM

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires...category=sport
W speed rating (168 mph)

how about these mr dennis
i can get ya them for $104.05 per tire + shippin
i dont know what shippin them would be tho

or these for 81.06 per tire + shippin
http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires...category=sport

Old 05-20-2007, 02:52 AM

I'd pay head to what JM says....after all, he drives a FERRARI!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 11:25 AM

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...amp;vid=008038

free shipping

Old 05-20-2007, 11:49 AM

I just ordered Nitto's NT555 for the Stang 245/40ZR18

Old 05-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the replies...just what I was hoping for..good advice and selections..I will look at them all.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: kild1

http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires...ame=Proxes%204â„¢&category=sport
W speed rating (168 mph)

how about these mr dennis
i can get ya them for $104.05 per tire + shippin
i dont know what shippin them would be tho

or these for 81.06 per tire + shippin
http://www.toyo.com/docs/tires/tires...e=Proxes%20FZ4â„¢&category=sport
I'm with the toyos too.... put them on a Camaro I built.... they hooked well enough to let me know my u-joints couldn't handle 435rwhp....

Old 05-21-2007, 09:34 AM

Just ordered a set of..

KUMHO ECSTA ASX ...420 tread wear, Z rated...Great reviews

$92.00/ tire, $10 replacement road hazard, free shipping..With a $40 mail in rebate.

Great people to work with, the road hazard insurance is 100% replacement includes shipping...was $12.50/tire, but the guy dropped it to $10.00 per tire..

@ Discount Tire Direct....Thanks Mark...And Thanks again for everyones advise.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM

Last UP DATE...

Ordered the tires yesterday, remember?..Got them todayat noon!!!...and this was FREE SHIPPING too.

Great tire place, I highly recommend..they beat out Tire Rack by around $45.00

Thanks again Mark for the referral.

Quick Reply: Not HUMMER tires