PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Yikes!!! Just ordered a set of 35's!!!! PIC ADDED

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Default RE: Yikes!!! Just ordered a set of 35's!!!!

ORIGINAL: Northerner

They are Mickey Thompson tires.
I assume they are the MTZ's?

In order to fit these bad boys on my H3, I don't require any lift or anything correct? Currently I'm running the 285/75/16's (Good Year Wrangler RT/S)on my Tactical (stock tires) and I'm looking for something with a little more meat. I don't want to really adjust any bars or lift the truck anymore than I have to, so any input would be great. The current stock tires I have seems to be poor for my tastein a lot of categories according to tirerack and I felt it when I played a bit in the sand with it, also, they lack a lot of look and performance.

I would love to get a set like these, but the above is what concerns me the most... also noise is a big issue for me as I don't want howling or singing from the road when I use it as a daily vechile.

Any information you guys got for me would be awesome. I'm quite lost when it comes to tires. I found the MTX and the MTZ on my own and came to the conclusion that they would be good tires, but directions from you guys are worth its weight ingold.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Crash

ORIGINAL: importkiller
you'll hardly notice the difference in power....let's be honest theres not much power to notice in an h3 anyway.
Shoot I notice the differnce in power with the 35's and I can't hardly recall how it ran with the 32's.. Of course that kinda validates the second part of you statement...

35's on an H3 trying to run freeway speeds ain't pretty.. Trying to run I-70 across Colorado is just downright nasty...

Waiting on the next PCM group buy now..
Yep. I'm ready for the next PCMforless Group buy...........any body else?

Old 08-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

If you guys get enough interested members, I can contact PCMforLess and see if they are interested in doing another Group Buy. I think last time the minimum they wanted was 10 people, but don't quote me on that.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:34 AM

I'm not interested in a PCM just yet as I have just spent my hard earned dollars on tires. But would like to know what they sell for, for future reference.

They are the MTZ's and they do howl. But man do they make the truck look badass imo.

I cranked my torsion bars 2.5 times each side to get a more level look. To me the truck sit's more square and look's awesome.

You do not need a lift kit.

The tires will rub if I crank the steering all the way. Not sure if it does it on both sides but imo it is a minor issue. Not too often you need to crank them all the way and when you do, you just ease off a bit and it's fine.

I certainly have no regrets on getting them.

Makes the H3 look like a beast!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:39 AM

Looks sweet! I can't wait for mine to arrive with the 17" Raceline Wheels.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:23 PM

I'm not interested in a PCM just yet as I have just spent my hard earned dollars on tires. But would like to know what they sell for, for future reference.

They are the MTZ's and they do howl. But man do they make the truck look badass imo.

I cranked my torsion bars 2.5 times each side to get a more level look. To me the truck sit's more square and look's awesome.

You do not need a lift kit.

The tires will rub if I crank the steering all the way. Not sure if it does it on both sides but imo it is a minor issue. Not too often you need to crank them all the way and when you do, you just ease off a bit and it's fine.

I certainly have no regrets on getting them.

Makes the H3 look like a beast!

Oh Boy! Thats not what I wanted to hear

How far do you need to turn the steering wheel before it hits? Does it occur in common on-road situations, such as doing a U-Turn? Does the tire hit hard or barley brushes?

EDIT: Well looks like I am in luck, they do make a 33 version, I think I'll probably go that route. Would the 305-70-16 work well?

Old 08-05-2007, 10:36 AM

I'd say get the 35's!

Old 08-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

35's.... go big.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:37 PM

By the way those tires look bada$$.

Is it correct that a wheel spacer would keep the tires from rubbing if you use the stock rims?

Is it also correct that if you bought aftermarket rims for the 35s that the rims would have an offset (kind of like a built in spacer) that will keep the tires from rubbing?

Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: novasaigo

By the way those tires look bada$$.

Is it correct that a wheel spacer would keep the tires from rubbing if you use the stock rims?

Is it also correct that if you bought aftermarket rims for the 35s that the rims would have an offset (kind of like a built in spacer) that will keep the tires from rubbing?
Thanks for posting this, I'm seeking the same information

Quick Reply: Yikes!!! Just ordered a set of 35's!!!! PIC ADDED