PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow grille on a yellow H3....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Default RE: Yellow grille on a yellow H3....

Thanks for the input. The more I think about it....if I get the yellow grille I think the chrome brush guard would be in order. I really like the way the black looks with the back grille, but....the shot that Dennis put up of the school bus...well, maybe that's too much yellow.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

for what it's worth.... I would make it solid... or bumblebee it with the black....

like this...

I'm not a fan of chrome... My brush guard is black and the second I can get the spare time my chrome grill will be swapped for a black one...

Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM

i bought a takeoff from the dealer and shot it with a can of truck bed liner. it matches the flat black of the brush guard. not sure if it's in any of my gallery pics, but it looks much better than a yellow or chrome one.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 PM

Hey shorty, was that a chrome take off you shot? If so, did you do any prepwork to it other than cleaning it off with alcohol!? Looking to do this myself since my SMA brush guard hopefully will get delivered sometime before I die (NEVER do business with HummerPartsDirect by the way, sucks) ... also, what product did you use to shoot it!?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:24 AM

it was a chrome takeoff, and all i did was rub it (quite sensually) with some scothbrite, then shot it. it's starting to chip now, and i think i'll scrub it again, use some krylon plastic flat black, then shoot it again. it's next to impossible to get the chrome plating off. but, i still have the old one, so i can put that on while i'm re-do-ing the other one.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM

I'm thinking some sanding would be the key here ... not sure if you have used Krylon before but .. my experience with it was their interior paint, white ... I was painting parts of my Avalanche dash years ago and I must say the end result was quite interesting. I shot a very thin coat initially, no problems. Let it sit and get tacky then laid down the "production" coat ... at which point my dash literally dissolved LOL! I've never seen plastic bubble but that did. I will admit I love their stuff and still think they make good products .. but I'll never use it on a dash again LOL! It wasn't all bad though ... got a Denali dash off of ebay, headed to the local junk yard and proceeded to get lucky and got all but the front drivers side door/control trim from a totalled Denali for $50 bucks.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 PM

i saw a yellow X today at the dealer
and the yellow grill looked sharpto me
i'll get back down that way ina day or so and get ya a pic

Old 04-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Thanks kild1 I would appreciate that!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:33 PM

I think you will look good.
Buy it if you do not like it throw on ebay

Old 04-08-2007, 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: IgottaH3

Thanks kild1 I would appreciate that!
ur welcome
here ya go
cell phone pics if ya need better just say so
all i had tonight was the cell
i think it looks good

Name:  yellowh3xfront.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  yellowh3x.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  50.4 KB

Quick Reply: Yellow grille on a yellow H3....