PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM to Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Default XM to Sirius

Just installed the sirius converter in my 2007 XM equipt H3 that uses the original radio etc. I installed it using the XM antenna which works and other people have done so in this forum and elsewhere.Iam now getting alternator whine through the speakers while in sirius mode. The converter is a SIR-GM1 $99.99 SiriusConnect Tuner for Class-2 Bus GM Vehicles and it included the wiring harness adapter plug soI did not add any power or anything. Any ideas? Didnt think the xm antenna could cause the whine but who knows.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Default RE: XM to Sirius

Cakes...

Where and / orwhatdid you mount the Sirius receiver to? Also did you know that in 3 or 4 months you should be able to get Sirius over your stock XM receiver after the merger is finished?

I was going to do the same install, then a friend told me to call XM or Sirius and ask if that's how the merger is going to work......They said ......YES! Either receiver will work for XM or Sirius.

There's also a link here somewhere about this...Try a search for that one... I have Sirius in my Toyota and I love it. I'mstuck withXM in the H3. I can't wait to change.I can't stand XM....BORING!!!

If you do a search here in this forum for radio noiseor XM to Sirius you should come up with something about in-line noise. I think it has something to do with a ground.

Here...Try this one. Hope it helps.
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_28463/tm.htm

Old 08-15-2007, 12:51 PM

I was in touch with Sirius about a month ago. As of right now the XM antenna will not work for Sirius. They should know.

As I understand it programming will be marketed like cable and you buy the package that pleases you best.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

The whine is from a poor ground. Check all of your connections.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:30 AM

I have had Sirius installed in my hummer for about 4 weeks now, used the stock XM antenna. Works good, same issues you would have with any Satellite radio when going under a bridge or beneath trees.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: jwiz1971

I have had Sirius installed in my hummer for about 4 weeks now, used the stock XM antenna. Works good, same issues you would have with any Satellite radio when going under a bridge or beneath trees.
What year is your H3? The problem is with the '07 when a change was made to the radio according to Sirius. They don't even market a Sirius tuner upgrade from XM for the 2007.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM

It is a 2007, here is the site ( http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-connect-p-228.html) I purchased the GM connect module and antenna that allows me to us the factory Xm.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 AM

Sorry, purchased the antenna there, a local Stereo store called the Stereo Shop found the module and installed everything.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:41 AM

D Vader, had I known you wer in Ohio, I could have stopped and showed you. Just got back from Norwalk, Cleveland, Cedar Point.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:41 PM

yea need sirius antenna, hold your breath on the merger, alot still hanging out there.
Howard Stern for president!

Quick Reply: XM to Sirius