PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM radio locked

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Default XM radio locked

Anyone have their XM radio lock out and have success getting it unlocked?

My BMS blew as a result of the trailer harness short. When first investigating with the dealer they were evasive about the short issue (they had to have had others come in) so not trusting them anymore I had my local guy (who I really trust) replace it and fix the short.
Unfortuantely the XM is now theft locked. He said he already talked to the lead tech at the dealer and he was stymied too. Suggested disconnecting both battery terminals and holding together for 10minutes to "reset" every thing. That didn't work either.
He's going to call the dealer again today and maybe even XM as I'm sure they'd rather I not cancel my subscription.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM

I am trying to do this as well. After being on hold with both XM (Sirius) and GM, the consensus is you have to take it to the dealer, and have them hook it up to the diagnostic code reader, and BAM, problem solved...minus a nominal fee of course. I will follow up when we get it done!

Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 AM

That is interesting. My mechanic has been on the phone with my dealer several times working on mine. Even tried the crossed battery cable tip suggested by their lead tech.
He has decided to warranty the BMS and we're going to replace it this week and try again.
I'd be very curious to see what happens for you.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:00 PM

My mechanic fixed it yesterday. Said the BMS he had originally installed was faulty and replaced it with another new one. Problem solved. No trip to the stealership.