PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

XM radio letter

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Default XM radio letter

I got aletter from XM radio today. It stated that the current system/radio will support the merge with siruis. (I remember seeing a post a while back where someone was wondering if it would) It says that the equipment you currnetly use will be fully supported, both before and after the creation of the new company. They also say that they will be honoring multi-year subscription plans. It goes on to say that you will be able to receive a mix of prgramming from both services. They are expecting the merger to be complete in late 2007.

Anyway, just an FYI for anyone interested.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Default RE: XM radio letter

Got it also.......I think it will be good

Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Thank GOD for that, because I can't stand radio anymore. I can't wait for this to happen. I'll finally invest in the upgrade once it's done. I helped HummerMike install his system and I was impressed at how easy it integrates into the factory radio.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 AM

Ya wanna bet that they're gonna start offering programming packages like cable TV.. For $XX.xx you get these base channels... For an extra $XX.xx you get another 20 or 30.. And so on and so on...

Old 03-28-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Crash

Ya wanna bet that they're gonna start offering programming packages like cable TV.. For $XX.xx you get these base channels... For an extra $XX.xx you get another 20 or 30.. And so on and so on...
Sirius didn't do that with Howard Stern - you get all content for one price.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Crash

I'm with you on this, without competition they'll play the exact same game as cable TV. I read the transcript highlights from the mergerhearing and was very disappointed that one of the reasons presentedwas "the larger subscriberbase will make the merged company more attractive to advertisers".Here come the commercials and higher fees!

If the two companies really just wanted to avoid bankrupcy, there are certainlyplenty of legal ways that they could have worked togetherto share the cost of the content for example. Unfortunately, it's all about the cash baby!

Old 03-29-2007, 09:18 PM

I already hae a subsription to Serius.....and yes because of Howard. Been following/listening to him with my Top ON!!!! for 25 years. LOL. Now with the H3 I have 3 months free with Fx. Once that 's gone I am back to FM until they merge.Xm has a nice selection of Tunes, But I miss The Howard until I get to work in the morning and Stream his show on my puter.

an not wait till they merge!!!

Pam

Old 03-30-2007, 01:51 AM

I have both of them right now in my h3 and I bought sirius before my hummer and like others becuase of Howard Stern.. Howard has talked about this numerous times and he insists that one of the great things about sirius is that music is commericial free and they plan on keeping it that way.. Also he has been asked about if they will charge more for him and he has repeatedly stated no no no no.... He also has stated that they are not planning on charging more for subsciptions becuase they are very very pleased with the way business is going now that they feel if they raise it more poeple will not invest in it.. The only thing they make you do is for like the playboy channel they dont put it on the box until you call in for it so if you arennt 18 you wont be able to listen to it which I completely agree with, but it DOES NOT cost more...Everything I have read and heard about sirius they are an up and up business and are really working with the consumer on these things and are out to please the consumer..
I am actually going to contact sirius when the merger goes through to see if I can drop the portable one I have now and go with the one that is in my H3 and I am sure they will be able to help me out..

Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 AM

ORIGINAL: patrol343

Howard has talked about this numerous times and he insists that one of the great things about sirius is that music is commericial free and they plan on keeping it that way.. Also he has been asked about if they will charge more for him and he has repeatedly stated no no no no....

Hoo Hoo HooThe merger was my idea.... Hoo hoo Hoo Tell'em Robin...

Old 03-30-2007, 11:55 AM

Doesn't the merge have to pass through the Feds though? It would be a multi-conglomerate.

Quick Reply: XM radio letter