PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTT/S '70 Chevelle for H3.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Default WTT/S '70 Chevelle for H3.

Hey all, I'm here in hopes of finding a nice H3 for my wife. She has always been a giver, making sure everyone else has what they want/need before herself. I'm looking to reverse that role now. So, I'm looking to trade my Chevelle for an H3. I've been trying to sell it to buy one but have only had tire kickers.

This is a great driving car, easily cruise 75 on the highway or run around town. The power is absolutely there when you want/need it. I have clear Texas title in hand and I'm ready to deal. The year of H3 isn't that important, that is until I read up more and find out the least desirable year. Depending on what you have and book value, I may ask for some cash with the trade. Main thing I'm looking for, black exterior color. Would love to find one with some mods already done as well.

On to the details:

Here's a small breakdown of the specs. It does need very minor body work, trunk pan and a little on rear quarters. Paint is a decent 20 footer, she was built for speed and handling first. NO AC or heat, refer to previous line.

Engine - Fresh 496 stroker (about 900 mi on it), 990 Heads, Edlebrock Endurashine RPM, Holley 850 DP, Hedman Elite Headers, Pypes Violator 3" exhaust with X pipe, Holley Blue Electric, BG regulator - all Braided fuel line.

Transmission - TKO-600 5 speed, RAM clutch McLeod Bellhousing - all brand new.

Suspension - Front - all new bushings, SC&C front upper A Arms, Eibach Springs, Koni 3 way adjustable shocks, stock sway bar. Rear - UMI upper adjustable and boxed lower control arms, Rear end narrowed 3 inches, big Ford ends, 3.73 gears, moser stud girdle.

Brakes - Touring Classics Hybrid C4 Corvette disc kit, New mater, all new stainless brake lines - hard and braided.

Interior - Leather buckets with matching rear, Covan dash with Autometer Cobalt gauges - electronic speedo, tach, fuel level, oil pressure, temp, amp. New carpet, decent panels.

Wheels - TTII 17" front, 18" rear. I don't know the exact measurements.

Here's a short video of it running after reassembly.

YouTube - 496 Stroker, '70 Chevelle

Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bishop73
Hey all, I'm here in hopes of finding a nice H3 for my wife. She has always been a giver, making sure everyone else has what they want/need before herself. I'm looking to reverse that role now. So, I'm looking to trade my Chevelle for an H3. I've been trying to sell it to buy one but have only had tire kickers.

This is a great driving car, easily cruise 75 on the highway or run around town. The power is absolutely there when you want/need it. I have clear Texas title in hand and I'm ready to deal. The year of H3 isn't that important, that is until I read up more and find out the least desirable year. Depending on what you have and book value, I may ask for some cash with the trade. Main thing I'm looking for, black exterior color. Would love to find one with some mods already done as well.

On to the details:

Here's a small breakdown of the specs. It does need very minor body work, trunk pan and a little on rear quarters. Paint is a decent 20 footer, she was built for speed and handling first. NO AC or heat, refer to previous line.

Engine - Fresh 496 stroker (about 900 mi on it), 990 Heads, Edlebrock Endurashine RPM, Holley 850 DP, Hedman Elite Headers, Pypes Violator 3" exhaust with X pipe, Holley Blue Electric, BG regulator - all Braided fuel line.

Transmission - TKO-600 5 speed, RAM clutch McLeod Bellhousing - all brand new.

Suspension - Front - all new bushings, SC&C front upper A Arms, Eibach Springs, Koni 3 way adjustable shocks, stock sway bar. Rear - UMI upper adjustable and boxed lower control arms, Rear end narrowed 3 inches, big Ford ends, 3.73 gears, moser stud girdle.

Brakes - Touring Classics Hybrid C4 Corvette disc kit, New mater, all new stainless brake lines - hard and braided.

Interior - Leather buckets with matching rear, Covan dash with Autometer Cobalt gauges - electronic speedo, tach, fuel level, oil pressure, temp, amp. New carpet, decent panels.

Wheels - TTII 17" front, 18" rear. I don't know the exact measurements.

Here's a short video of it running after reassembly.

YouTube - 496 Stroker, '70 Chevelle
DAMN thats a nice car. Mines not paid off or I would totally be interested in that deal. Definitely a nice ride sir.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:36 PM

Sweet SS. You never trade a car like that for a depreciating Hummer. Keep the car and find the money to buy a Hummer. YOU WILL MISS your SS!!!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:04 AM

Well, my wife has talked me out of getting rid of the car. We'll get her in an H3 some other way. What a great wife.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Great decision!