PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you still buy the H3 if it is being discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Default RE: Would you still buy the H3 if it is being discontinued?

I will have no problem driving one made prior to the sell off, but I won't buy one of the new ones. It's just like I drove a CJ made by AMC after they had sold off to Chrysler. Took Chrysler awhile to figure the JEEP out.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:02 AM

yay, civichybrid driver is gone!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

You know, once upon a time there was a thimbletweed who came to this forum and posted: GM vehicles areamong the most unreliableon the road?

I have had my 3 for over a year, 17,000 miles and NEVER been back to the dealer for anything, nothin, zip! ... other than to pic up my license plate and take my saleswoman to lunch. M

My last GMC truck had 167,000 miles, two recalls (antilock brake sensor and windshield wiper motor) where I had to drop it off for a loaner....out of warranty, and pic it back up at the end of the day.

A multitude of Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles with no problems...one Pontiac had a radiator hose clamp let loos, bought one myself and fixed it in under 10 minutes.
Several vettes, one needed a carb rebuild after 40k miles and years of sitting. Boy that was terrible.
Eight Chevy trucks, the only problem my 1979 had was a leak in the read diff. fixed under warranty, and had to rebuild the trans out of warranty at 70k miles (but I built a mean motor and did some serious wheeling over the years that contributed to that problem with all the fun ....I had). One of the best vehicles I have ever owned was a 1965 Chevy C20 Fleetside long bed....with AC no less, no problems and I hauled everything you can think of in that jewel...bricks, block, drywall, lumber, rubbish.

**** on your jap crap!

Name:  JimmyDunesLake.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  sunbird.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  31.0 KB Name:  blue.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  34.8 KB

Name:  vettered.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  65.7 KB

Name:  vette.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  41.3 KB

Name:  blacktruck.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  65truck.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  Brians72.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  198.6 KB

Name:  Blast.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  185.3 KB

How many 38-40 year old Hondas do ya see out there on the road????

Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 PM

wow thats an incredible history of rides, I like that chevy, Im lookin at stuff like that or my first car since I wont be able to afford a hummer....... yet(that'll have to be my 2nd car). also, I dont think Ive seen a good picture of your hummer before.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:54 PM

As my name implies I hate imports as well...all of them...BUT since owning one I can understand the appeal of them to some. I paid less than a similiar american made sport compact car and got bluetooth, steering wheel controls, airbags out the wazoo and a ton of other features that weren't offered on the American made competitors..not saying I am a fan of imports now...just that I do understand now why people like them... I can tell you I would never trade my Lancer on a Cobalt...NEVER

Old 06-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

I got a little carried away, but I just do not get it when somebody trolls over here just to give us chit.

I'm waiting..............................to see a 1973 or 74 Honda Civic, or a 1970s Yota Corolla on the road.Still waiting???

Old 06-19-2008, 01:59 PM

im just gonna throw in that my friend's accord has 170,000+ miles, but if you saw or drove it youd think it only had 50-75k miles. they really hold up if you take care of them but i guess thats the same for most vehicles, but you see a lot of high-milage hondas on the road

Old 06-19-2008, 04:55 PM

Considering that I just went to my local Hummer dealer last weekend to talk about trading in my Silverado for a H3T, I think that speaks volumes about how I feel. By the way, does anyone know if it's possible to pre-order one? I have what I would want in a truck (H3T alpha, off road version) and I wouldn't mind being the first girl in town to own one.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

You know, once upon a time there was a thimbletweed who came to this forum and posted: GM vehicles areamong the most unreliableon the road?

I have had my 3 for over a year, 17,000 miles and NEVER been back to the dealer for anything, nothin, zip! ... other than to pic up my license plate and take my saleswoman to lunch. M

How many 38-40 year old Hondas do ya see out there on the road????
My Silverado has 116,000 miles on it, all from me. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned in my life and I've owned plenty. Over the years it has had 2 recalls (antilock brakes and to replace the cables in the pickup tailgate). I traded in another Silverado when I bought the H2 and that Silverado never gave me a single problem ever. As far as I can tell, when they used to say "Like a rock" they weren't kidding.

Ps: Once upon a time I had 1972 LT-1 corvette with the Ontario Orange paint. It was a fun car in it's day, but a pain in the neck to buy lead additive around so I could fill up the tank.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 PM

I want Doc's 79 Chevy Stepside, wow nice truck. I had a 79 chevy blazer, removable top. Loved that ride.

EDIT: That blazer was much, much better than the 84 bronco I had! Not that the bronco was bad, it just wasnt good

Quick Reply: Would you still buy the H3 if it is being discontinued?