PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Woodward Dream Cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Default The Woodward Dream Cruise?

Is there anyone going to The Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit August 18th?
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

It's a great time!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Default RE: The Woodward Dream Cruise?

ohh i will be there............

Old 08-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

You mean the WOODWARD PARKING LOT? complete waste of time. It is supposed to be a classic/rod exotic care cruise. Not let's load up the mini van with Grandma and the kids and fido and go drive over there to see what it is about. The other thig that chaps my arss is the cheesebuckets continue to let the SEMTA buses run their routes. How'd ya like to be along side a freekin bus forthree hour smelling deisel fumes. Now that's fun boy!!! If you approach from the south, it will take an hour a mile, and you'll probably be next to some ****** in a Mopar with open headers so that you will get a HUGE headache, who will no doubt over heat and cause even more shyt!

My advice, for what it's worth.....if ya got to take your classic Hummer???......is get on Woodward noth of 16 mile (Big Beaver/Quarton) and head south. you will still be able to move some and see more. There really is no place to park, and if you think you found someplace to shut it off and check out the happenings on foot, the cops/towtrucks will be on yer stuff faster than flies on a rotten banana.

BEST IDEA.....GO FRIDAY NIGHT AND AVOID MOST OF THE CRAP.

Been there done that like 15 times with manyan Oldsmobile. Usually took the 70 442 and rolled up the windows, cranked the air and the tunes. Igot a Friend that lives a block behind Woodward to the west, south of 11 mile. We don't even BBQ there any more. Buttheads have nearly ruined it.

Have Fun! Name:  Oldsrear1.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  22.0 KB

Old 08-02-2007, 06:32 PM

I will be there

Old 08-04-2007, 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: ebrown

ohh i will be there............

Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Administrator

mydodge runs low 12s, and i can hot lap on an 80 degree day without turning on the water pump or electric fans...and im running the stock radiator. on the other hand, my 83 olds overheated if i got stuck at a stoplight for more than a few seconds with the temperature above freezing...then again, i suppose there is a reason that you can still buy new dodges...

ill be there..but i dont know what car yet.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to bein Wisconsin that weekend. I've always wanted to go but never did. I didn't realize it was coming up already. DOH! It's in Michigan correct? (I haven't checked the site yet)

Old 08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator

yes...in the detroit metro area.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Touch'e. Well said my friend. My description is from my one time personal experience.My best friendlives accross the street and like 8 houses south, works for Chrysler Wasn't insinuating Mopar was bad, just some crazy nucklehead gave me a huge headache. I think it was a 1962 Plymouth Belvedere. Rad build on the motor...big time, super loud, and then overheated?????? Well when you are in four lanes of 1 mph traffic (blacktop), 85 degrees F?????? That strip rod was not gonna make it. Olds ran fine! Ac on, same traffic crap[:@]no problems. I thinken Olds powered Hummer

Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

we typically sit along woodward next to burger king, at 696. a friend of mine has family that lives about 100 feet off of woodward (dont know the street name) and i do agree that they need to do something about the cruisers in cars that no one cares to see. i wont even say "no redneck trucks and imports", because someone does like looking at those...but the buses?

last year, i decided to cruise one of my little "domestic sport compacts", so i got in, did a quick, boring burnout, and then began my sitting in traffic...i made the next right, went back, and parked the car...

however, it isa public road, so i dont know what they could do to fix the problem...

Quick Reply: The Woodward Dream Cruise?