PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Protection Film.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Default Windshield Protection Film.

OK... I'm getting tired of stones and rocks cracking and chiping my WINDSHIELD!!!!!![:@]Six this week alone! Here in Texas, I hear it's normal.[&o] I alsounderstand the insurance companies won't insure windshields.
I've been looking into getting a protective film on the windshield and there seems to be a few out there on the market. Clearplex, Proline, Etc.
Anyone had luck with this? Anyone tried to install it themselfs?
Anyone want to take a CRACK at it? [:'(]

Old 02-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Windshield Protection Film.

I haven't tried it. If someone makes something that is easy to install, clear to look through, works with the wipers and lasts I would think it would sell well. Hummer windshields are designed to collect rocks and are expensive so if you find something that works let us know.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:03 PM

I guess I'm lucky. I've gotten one rock ding in 7.500 miles and it's a little one. As for insurance, Florida pays to replace windshields for free if the crack or hole is anywhere within the drivers field of view, say within the drivers side wiper path.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Wish Claifornia did that. I've had 5 chips. One on the 3 and 4 on the H2. So far none on the H1s. ( knocking on wood as I type )

Old 02-21-2008, 10:17 PM

i'm insured with geico,, includes windshield repair/replace only pay the deductable on replacement (repairs are free - unlimited)

ps i don't tailgate so my windows still cherry15K miles

Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

I had two rocks thrown by vehicles coming from the other direction. ( both gravel trucks coming at me )

Old 02-22-2008, 06:56 AM

I think that it depends on your insurance company. Gieco, Nationwide and Progressive will cover windsheilds. But the crack has to impair the drivers vision.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM

I had a stone chip repaired on my pickup so it wouldn't crack (guaranteed) but if it did they would apply the cost of the repair to the cost of a new windshield. When they finished with the repair I could hardly see where the stone chip had been.

As far as insurance paying for a windshield because of a stone chip I don’t know but my insurance company will replace a broken windshield so…….

Old 02-22-2008, 11:36 AM

I'd like to hear more about options for windshield protective films.Looking online it appears thatboth Clearplex andProline require dealer installation?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM

I don't normaly tailgate. The truck passed me and kicked up a bunch of rocks. I backed off big time and quick, but it was just like a machine gun.
I'll keep looking around to see what is out there.
It sounds like a good thing to have.

Quick Reply: Windshield Protection Film.