PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wind noise from windshield/vent

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Default wind noise from windshield/vent

I know this has been discussed before...I have wind noise coming from what it seems is either the defroster vent or bottom of the windshield. What I'm trying to find out is if this is due to design or if I have a problem (i.e. windshield isn't sealed properly). Sound still happens when recirculating is set to ON (isn't that supposed to close the exterior vent?)

Feedback is appreciated!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Default RE: wind noise from windshield/vent

Recirculate button should close the vent. Maybe check the exterior plastic molding that goes up the side of the front windshield to make sure its not loose or cracked.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:55 AM

I will have the dealer look at it when I pick up my plates, just didn't want to have a dumb question/observation if it was indeed due to design (it was hard to hear wind noise over the roar of the 3.5L)

Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 PM

no question is a dumb question

Old 11-22-2007, 11:10 AM

Not Sure exactly where its from but both my h3s do it an 06 and 07. Every loaner /rentalI have had also does it at about70mph. Lower if im driving into the wind.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

I got no wind noise other than what you would expect from a brick going through the air at speed. So I got no idea what kinda problem you guys are chattering about???

Old 11-23-2007, 01:25 PM

its an odd wind noise, almost sounds like wind leaking into the cab, its hard to describe other than it sounds like its coming from the defrost vent area...similar sound as if you had a side window open just a crack

i don't remember if my 06 had it because the engine was so much louder (!)

Old 11-23-2007, 05:03 PM

jman, I have a similar verylow wind noise that sounds like what you're experiencing. It sounds like it's just the limitations of a brick going through the airat speed as Doc alluded to. Actually, I'm surprised there isn't more in this blocky vehicle.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:13 AM

It's been talked about here and there on the forums. I have a windshield leak at the base of my windshield, driver's side. I drove a rental H3 that had one on the passenger side. It's only at highway speed and usually on windy days so I haven't worried about it. I figure it'll go away when I have to replace this vertical windshield with a new piece of glass from chips or excessive pitting. [/align]

Old 11-24-2007, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: alrock

It's been talked about here and there on the forums. I have a windshield leak at the base of my windshield, driver's side. I drove a rental H3 that had one on the passenger side. It's only at highway speed and usually on windy days so I haven't worried about it. I figure it'll go away when I have to replace this vertical windshield with a new piece of glass from chips or excessive pitting. [/align]
mine is on the passenger side; I figure I'll have the dealer take a look next time i'm up there and have them fix the seal (if indeed that is the prob) since its under warranty

Quick Reply: wind noise from windshield/vent