PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wind noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Default wind noise?

Hey fellas- My 3 cruises real nice, smooth ,etc. However, when I'm traveling anywhere from 70-80 mph I get a "wind pressured " noise from the windsheild area. Around the "collar" support . Mostly on the drivers side but a little on the passenger side as well. Very annoying when no tunes are on and the windows are closed. Definetly some kind of cabin leak,but kinda hard to explain. Anybody else got somthing like this?-Mark

Old 10-15-2006, 06:17 AM
Default RE: wind noise?

I just noticed the same noise on mine this past weekend. No issues until it reached the 5K miles. I'll be at the dealer next week.......

Old 10-15-2006, 10:38 AM

Do you have a roof marker light rack? Thats the 5 amber lights across the top?
If so... The light rack is vibrating at higher speeds. Its a big problem with the rack and Hummer is trying to fix it. There are some things you can do to help it along.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 PM

This may be too simple of a solution, but it solved my problem. when the AC/Heating controls are set to the head area exclusively and vents are closed, it makes the noise. i like the look of the closed vents and switched the setting to the feet and noise GONE!!!! you may have more of a problem, but it solved mine. i travel 70+ mph on a daily basis to work and no more noise. Go H3!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 03:17 AM

I noticed the same noise when i drove to San Diego from Phoenix, I took a look under the hood and it seems that on mine its coming from a cable line that goes into the fire wall and i think its the hood release cable, but the rubber peice that is to keep it in place had a tear i'm not sure if that is the problem.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:25 AM

there is a TSB out for the e-brake vibration noise. Your dealer will know about it and fix it if you let them know.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:13 PM

I have the same noise. Mine sounds like paper crackling or aluminum foll crackling. It is usual at over above 65mph. And it seems to come form both sides higher up on the windshield. Has anyone also heard a roar like the way a four barrle sounds when nailed on the left side starting around 50mph? It's not all the time and it seems to worse when it's real windy. Sounds like around the driver fake air cover. Thanks

Old 11-16-2006, 01:24 PM

I have the same noise, I have no roof racks and have tried moving the vent controls
to every position, no help. I did notice when I went to the drive thru carwash

Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 PM

I have the same noise, I have no roof racks and have tried moving the vent controls
to every position, no help. I did notice when I went to the drive thru carwash bubbles
where coming around the side window, drivers side. After looking harder they were coming
from the door seal close to the windshield, where the noise seems to come from. Door must need
adjustment. When I go to the shop I will tell them.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:48 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

there is a TSB out for the e-brake vibration noise. Your dealer will know about it and fix it if you let them know.
good call, talked to a guy from the Hummer dealer and he told me the same thing.

Quick Reply: wind noise?