PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will rising gas prices change your driving plans?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Default Will rising gas prices change your driving plans?

I'm just wondering what people think about this. I just saw that prices are now up to $119.xx a barrel.

If this keeps up, I may be postponing and/or cancelling my road trip plans this year. I'm the only person working and money is tight enough the way it is with one income. I can only imagine what other families are going through who have children to support and depend on their car.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Default RE: Will rising gas prices change your driving plans?

Yea it is true, Gas is getting high but you do have a HUMMER, what are you going to do??

Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 PM

NOPE!!! No changes[8D]

Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

It never bothered me until within a period of weeks My gas costs went up $20 a tank which is about $80 to $100 a month. Now it bothers me, but you are right. I can't do nothing but figure out how where I can and can't drive. I still won't get rid of my truck.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I just looked for the gas price web sites, and this site, at least for my area, seems to have the most updated prices:

http://www.automotive.com/gas-prices/index.html

It's a good tool to find the cheapest gas prices in the area. There are others, but this one is updated more frequently it seems.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Doesn't change anything for me... I don't raise the temp in my house when the elctric is high.... I don't lower the temps when the gas is high... and I'll drive the Deuce whereever, whenever....

Old 04-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I was feeling that way as well, but paranoia I guess is setting in. I just plan on busting my *** here at work the next few weeks to make some extra money so I won't have to worry so much and offset the my expenses. I can start a lemonade stand

Old 04-22-2008, 06:23 PM

My last fill up was $3.99, but it will take MUCH, MUCH more than that to keep me from changing my drivin' habits with the 2

Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM

I gave up trying to figure it out, for ***** and giggles I went crazy and filled up with ultra 94 from Sunoco todat, it cost me $139/liter, and I was almost bone dry when I got it back from the dealer, cost me $165, that hurt but my Boy needed a good drink after being stuck in the dealer for two days!!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 AM

Gas has not changed my driving habit's but it did sway my choice between getting another H3 or an H2, and while gas was not the only reason, it did play a part in me choosinga newH3 over the H2 a few weeks ago.

And for what its worth, I have NEVER been one to care about gas prices, but as a bussiness owner I have noticed a drop in my income due to to the economic decline that we seem to be in.
Its probably best to act like things are going to get worse before they get better,,,,, at least Bush will be gone soon so there is reason to have hope.

Cheers
Davyo

Quick Reply: Will rising gas prices change your driving plans?