PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

will H3 suit me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Default will H3 suit me?

I have dreamed about owning my own hummer since before I started driving. I am now nearing my chance, if I so choose. I was just wondering a few things. Is the acceleration adequate with that 5 cylinder engine? That worries me, because I like to have a vehicle that is repsonsivewhen my right foot asks it too go. Are there any chips/ programmers/ tuners for it? The cargo space seems kind of small from what I have seen. How weel does the awd and traction control work in snow and ice?

Old 12-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Default RE: will H3 suit me?

i'd say that based on your lack of knowledge about the h3 and lack of willingness to search for said knowledge, you should go with a different vehicle.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i'd say that based on your lack of knowledge about the h3 and lack of willingness to search for said knowledge, you should go with a different vehicle.
For everyone else who reads this, please forgive my lack of tact, but here goes. Buddy, your opnion isn't helpful whatsoever. You need to go find the "*******'s Forum". It's not that I haven't read up on the hummers, it's just that there is nothing like getting info from people who regularly use hummers.consumerguide.com and other sights can say whatever they want, but sometimes the actual truth is different.I haveto start somewhere. Since when was it up to you todecide that I need another vehicle because I am not intimate with the workings of a hummer (especially because I have driven diesels for a long time and never been anywhere near a hummer)? Please can someone just answer my questions? And please feel free to chip in any other helpful information. If you are going to leave rude and unwarranted posts, please, DON'T POST. I hope I can hear from someone that proves that not all hummer owners are arrogant, myopic ****** ( Ihave asked several forums and a couple people here in town).

Old 12-19-2007, 03:46 AM

Old 12-19-2007, 05:25 AM

THINK KIA!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Uber H: relax, you obviuosly don't know shortbus or his kind of humor. Flyin off the handle at a moderator will get you nowhere,
a place you may be familiar with??? Like tactlessville?

You will find the 3 every bit as responsive as most diesels, not a race car by any means. The 07 has 20 more HP and TQ than the 06.
There are plenty of performance modes, CAT back exhaust systems, PCMforless tunes, and intakes......search the intake & exhaust; and PCM
forums for all the scoop. When you add an intake (K&N filter is no brainer), CAT back and PCMforless tune, the 3 grows some *****!!
If you'd have been researching you would know there is an H3 Alpha with V8 if you gotta have more/better TQ and power. Next year
they tell us there will also be an H3 SUT to give you more hauling abilities.
The AWD tracion control in snow? On the sloppy roads, superb.If you are gonna wheel it offroad and or in deep snow, you can turn it OFF
and the 3 will go anywhere. A capable little big truck, but not for everybody.

Need more info, search the forums here and enjoy. Say howdy in the new member section.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:27 AM

Uber, definitely add all these threads in this forum. ALL of your questions are answered here somewhere and they go way beyond the press releases, etc. about the H3. Use the search button on pcm tunes, I5 vs. Alpha, stability control, etc. and you'll see the pros and cons of the H3.

There are thousands of posts here with good information, this will be the best research you can do on the H3.

Finally, go drive one. Your own judgement trumps everything that you read. I bought mine not because of what I read or heard about it but what I learned when I rented one for a few days.
[/align]

Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 AM

I have no complaints on my H3 with the I5. You need to realize what the vehicle is and what it is designed for. If you want a speedy curb cruiser then the H3 is probably not for you. If you want something for off roading that will take you out and get you back safe then the H3 is great. I'm not one for adding alot of aftermarket performance stuff to my vehicles. There is alot to be said about the reliability of a stock system. I've had mine in snow and rain and it has felt pretty sure footed on the stock tires, but thatcan change with your tire selection.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: chk hrd

I have no complaints on my H3 with the I5. You need to realize what the vehicle is and what it is designed for. If you want a speedy curb cruiser then the H3 is probably not for you. If you want something for off roading that will take you out and get you back safe then the H3 is great. I'm not one for adding alot of aftermarket performance stuff to my vehicles. There is alot to be said about the reliability of a stock system. I've had mine in snow and rain and it has felt pretty sure footed on the stock tires, but thatcan change with your tire selection.
I agree, this vehicle was made for offroad use. It has plenty of torque and crawl. Your buying a full time 4 wheel drive truck, snow, ice, and rain are no problem as long as you drive in those condtions properly. It's hard for us to tell you what to buy not knowing how you drive. Best Advice is go take a Test Drive.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 AM

Welcome Uber Hummer. I too am happy with the 3.7L I5. I find it quite adequate in acceleration from a stop or for entering freeway on ramps. However, if you're going 65-70 and want to pass somebody, you will feelthe I5struggle. IMHO, that's where the Alpha V8 shines.

As far as snow, mud,and rain, theH3 AWD (either in 4Hior 4Hi-locked)is great. However, ice is the great equalizer. Nothing does real well on ice without great care.

Like Chk Hrd, I'm not much for attempting a lot of aftermarket performance stuff. I want to be happy with stock performance in what I buy. As recommended above, take a test drive in both the I5 and V8 models. Test drives give limited insight, but is better than nothing. :-)

Quick Reply: will H3 suit me?