PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are we bashing each other?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Angry Why are we bashing each other?

I've been going through some of the threads here and it's getting pretty sad and disgusting with some of the comments that have been posted.
Members are posting thoughts, ideas and comments about their Hummers or they're posting a question about how to modify their Hummer and yet there are so many smart assed comments back it's just sad.
Comments about one person and their H3 were that they were wrong for modifying THEIR H3 a certain way. Bashing this person for their own taste, wants and needs.
Another post asks what you would choose IF you couldn't have and H3 and again some knuckle head has to make a snyde comment about the thread and you shouldn't want any other verhicle if you own an H3 - well that WASN'T the question to the post!!
I know we've all heard the Hummer bashing - no matter H1, H2 or H3. Anti Hummer this or that - from non Hummer owners who are ignorant and generally ill informed.
BUT
To have other Hummer owners (unless they are bored ****-holes posing on this site) bash each other!!??? HOW STUPID CAN WE GET??
To bash someone else on here for their wants, tastes and needs is simply outta line and self defeating for all of us Hummer owners.
So now I suppose someone out there will say I'm bashing Hummer and/or Hummer owners or their posts - I'm not bashing the Hummer line at all - I'm bashing the stupid assanine comments made here that do nothing but aid and give fuel to the ANTI-HUMMER groups that are out there.
If you don't like the way somebody has set up their Hummer too bad - IT'S THEIR HUMMER!! Don't bash them and/or make fun of them because they don't have the same desires as you. You may want a mall crawler and they may want a rock crawler - who cares?? It's THEIR money and THEIR vehicle - NOT YOURS!
If you dont' like a thread - then just SKIP IT! Don't post stupid silly comments that end up bashing Hummers. This does nothing but give more fuel to all the ANTI-HUMMER people who killed our line up.
Our vehicles are already a dying - no they're a DEAD breed unless GM or somebody else decides to revive the line - because the sheep in the public wanted to believe that Hummers were the most evil vehicles ever made. We must now rely on ourselves and other owners for their knowledge and skills. But with people posting their silly, stupid and ignorant comments here the chances of revival are even less than zero.
Quit being ANTI HUMMER if you're a Hummer owner. If you're a poser - well I can't help you have no life other than to harass this site.
Feel free to bash my anti bashing bash. Remember to each their own when it comes to taste, wants, desires and needs. If you don't like their ideas or questions or whatever then just keep the negative stuff to yourself!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Any type of personal attck can get the offender banned. I think this has been taken care of but time will tell.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:42 PM

People who post cocky and/or rude posts shouldn't really expect anything but the same thing in return. Maybe there should be a minimum post count before being able to post threads.
I care about what another Hummer owner thinks of my rig about as much as I do about some self righteous hybrid driving idiot thinks about my rig, Which is nothing.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:15 PM

I totally agree. I really dont let it get to me though. I only hate how people say the Hummer brand is total junk when they havent even been inside one or driven one.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:58 AM

Lack of maturity, self esteem and jealousy.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:13 AM

I totally agree. Thanks for saying it

Buster

Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM

I don't blame you for being upset but I do kind of resent the use of we as I've read every post on this forum and your examples only fit that matt guy. He also hasn't made any posts in a while so I'm guessing he got a little form vacation. Advice just ignore people like that and don't lump them in with everyone the majority of the people on this forum are very respectful and helpful.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 PM

I don't lump all of "us" into the same catagory as "matt" or any other knuckle head that posts ignorant comments.
There's been a lot more comments that I've read over the past couple of years - I was just referencing the most recent ones.
I know a lot of times it's just a "poser" that makes the comments but there have been enough comments from "actual members" that have appeared.
Again I know it's not everyone and I definately wasn't trying to say that. I think overall this site and others I've been on really help Hummer owners and it promotes the positive aspects of the Hummer line.
Again it's just sad that posers and "members" bash someone for their taste, needs and wants.
Juvenile behavior that I probably shouldn't have pointed out but it just gets frustrating because it does nothing but promote ignorance and anti-Hummer attitudes.
I know it'll never be stopped - I just hope that true members and Hummer loyalists don't stoop to these schmucks level.