PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why put the hood handles on an H3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Default why put the hood handles on an H3?

i dont get it, the hood opens normally, it doenst tilt forward so no use for them

Old 10-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Default RE: why put the hood handles on an H3?

branstone, they are for that Hummer Look! The Hood Vents don't work either. I plan on adding a chrome set most likely next year as I don't have a garage and the weather here in PA. is too cold to do and outside work.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:09 PM

yea just not for me i guess, i was a little bummed that the airflter isnt up in the back under the cover too ! but oh well.

i am all for the hummer look, just really only like functional add ons. getting my cross bars and basket soon !!!

Old 10-27-2006, 06:12 AM

I put handles on my H3 after much personal debate.

Reasons I did it:

A: They do look very cool.

B: Many parts that are put on any truck or car of any make are for looks only.

C: Girls have something to hold on to when Im bending them over in front on my H3 ( thats very important ).

The first chrome hood handle thingy I got was one of the plastic cheapie ones off ebay,, that one sucked big green donkey dicks,, I took it off and threw it in the garbage.
I then spent the extra money and got the solid metal one by Real Wheels that replaces the plastic black hood insert,,, what a difference with the one made by Real Wheels,,, huge huge difference to say the very least.

Davyo

[IMG]local://upfiles/865/D4D5700F9EAE41AD9F02E20EE216B326.jpg[/IMG]

open attachment 2 for a close up picture of chrome hood replacement part

Old 10-27-2006, 12:03 PM

I put handles on my X5!! Just kidding.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:15 PM

oh yes i forgot about the girls i bend over my hood, would be excelleent for that

oops dont tell my wife !!! hehehe

i guess they look cool and all, just seem out of place to me, would love to refit the hood to open towards the front !!!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: davyo

Reasons I did it:

C: Girls have something to hold on to when Im bending them over in front on my H3 ( thats very important ).

The first chrome hood handle thingy I got was one of the plastic cheapie ones off ebay,, that one sucked big green donkey dicks,, I took it off and threw it in the garbage.
I then spent the extra money and got the solid metal one by Real Wheels that replaces the plastic black hood insert,,, what a difference with the one made by Real Wheels,,, huge huge difference to say the very least.

Davyo

Davyo it replace the whole black one not two side tape i been looking for one that does that.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: branstone

oh yes i forgot about the girls i bend over my hood, would be excelleent for that

oops dont tell my wife !!! hehehe

i guess they look cool and all, just seem out of place to me, would love to refit the hood to open towards the front !!!

I thinks that more so than ever that..[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 10-27-2006, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

ORIGINAL: davyo

Reasons I did it:

Davyo

Davyo it replace the whole black one not two side tape i been looking for one that does that.
Yea, the one I got is the grille made by RealWheels, I poped of the stock black plastic one and replaced it with the solid metal RealWheels one. The install was very easy, I did have to drill two small holes in the H3 hood but that was easy as well.
The whole install took me about a half hour.
Like I posted before, I had got one of the plastic ones with handles and the double sided tape install off ebay that cost about 175.00 and while it was OK even though it did not fit as good as it should have, the replacement one by RealWheels is light years better.
I would highly recomend spending the extra bucks for the RealWheels one and passing on the plastic tape on version, the difference is really night and day.
The plastic stick on one I had purchased was the Putco one, after I got the new panel I just threw the Putco plastic one in the garbage, I had thought about reselling it on ebay but since I was so unhappy with the fit I did not wish to sell someone else something I was so unhappy with,,,,,,, so to the garbage can it went.

Where they can be found: They are sold via one of the forum sponsers here but I ended up getting mine direct from the RealWheels website.

Davyo

Old 10-28-2006, 08:49 AM

davyo, did that hood grille, set you back $1,165.00?

http://www.suvxccessory.com/rwss-rw209-1-a0103.html

Quick Reply: why put the hood handles on an H3?