PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White or black?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
cql
Default White or black?

What are you opnin on the white or black? Could you post some pics of your? I like black the best, but it is a pain to keep it looking good all the time. White on the other hand is much easier to keep clean and is pretty crisp imo.

Thanks,

Old 01-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Default RE: White or black?

Having owned two white trucks and two black ..they are both a PITA to keep clean .. the black being worse of coursebut the white gets that dirty iceberg look fairly quick too. If you are looking for a color that hides dirt/dustwell, go with silver instead!

If Dennis saw my whiteH2 right now he'd have a strokehehehehe .. who am I kidding .. it's more like mud brown right now ... 14 degrees outside and the closestOPEN DIY carwash is probably about 600 miles away LOL!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:24 PM

Forget about black or white....go with either boulder grey or slate blue. Get the chrome package cuz a little bling never hurt nobody....and keep it clean!

Here's my baby when I first bought her almost a year ago. I've done a lot to her since and I will post some updated pics soon!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:27 PM

And of course MOST IMPORTANT don't forget your whistle tips!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 PM

BLACK without a doubt is HOT! (And I really wanted a black H3 to go with the black vette we have) But, the vette is a bit*h to keep clean, butits fairly easy to wash. The H3 on the other hand is not so easy as it is so much larger and higher. And if you are thinking, "so, I can run it thru the carwash regularly"..think again..use a touchless carwash OR you will end up with scratches....I am now thankful I listened to reason and went with my Boulder Gray instead of black. The first time I take it out on the road and hit the smallest bit of water, the fenders are filthy! Yes I know I could install mudflaps to help with thisif I wanted to but...That being said, white OR better yet, a different color! (Unless of course you don't care and want a HOT lookingdirty ride that needs washing every time you drive it.)

Old 01-31-2007, 12:49 PM

Black, when clean is beautiful

Old 01-31-2007, 12:50 PM

Nothing HOT with a dirty white truck .. I honestly think the dirty iceberg comment speaks volumes LOL! I think mine is more towards mud brown, road salt gray, birch white, something black which I think came off the beach I was wheelin' on last weekend .. I almost busted out the preasure washer last night when I got home but with a temp of 17 and a windchill of -1 .... ain't happenin' lol!

And I know what you mean by the Vette and keeping it clean. My SRT-10 was black .. took about 2-3 days worth of road dust out here to turn it in to a lovely shade of blackish/tanish dark gray :/ Never again!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 01:03 PM

All the colors look good, and you'll like whichever you pick. Maybe try to figure out what "look" you are going for, ie, luxury, bling, tough, offroad,eye-catching, etc, and consider how often you'll be washing it!. Black always looks classy, especially if trimmed with chrome, but can also look aggresive if blacked out. White is the same, you can dress it up to look elegant, or go for lots of black contrast to make it look sharp. The boulder grey gives a real rich look when dressed up (search for Dennis's) and will show dirt less too. You really can't go wrong no matter what you do. If you go for a "rich" look, dirt makes them look, you know, dirty, whereas if you go for a "tough" look, dirt makes them look like "having' fun!".

my .02

Old 01-31-2007, 01:09 PM

All the colors look good, and you'll like whichever you pick. Maybe try to figure out what "look" you are going for, ie, luxury, bling, tough, offroad,eye-catching, etc, and consider how often you'll be washing it!. Black always looks classy, especially if trimmed with chrome, but can also look aggresive if blacked out. White is the same, you can dress it up to look elegant, or go for lots of black contrast to make it look sharp. The boulder grey gives a real rich look when dressed up (search for Dennis's) and will show dirt less too. You really can't go wrong no matter what you do. If you go for a "rich" look, dirt makes them look, you know, dirty, whereas if you go for a "tough" look, dirt makes them look like "having' fun!".

my .02
DITTO!

Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 PM

VERY WELL PUT LittleHummerboy!
ZYNE, exactly...for me it was basically the theory of...there comes a time in one's life when they put aside HOT for functionality to a degree...bottom line is I was not about to be washing my ride constantly..and for those of you who have to deal with inclement weather...no matter what color you have or what you do...its just going to be dirty during certain seasons.

Quick Reply: White or black?