PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Default Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

President Bush has supported larger rebates of $800-$1,600, but his plan would have left out 30 million working households who earn paychecks but don't make enough to pay income tax, according to calculations by the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center. An additional 19 million households would receive only partial rebates under Bush's initial proposal.

So I have to take a hit and give a slice of my hard earned cash to some one who doesnt even PAY taxes? Some one explain to me how this is right.

Keep in mind that because of this agreement your initially proposed $800 per person refund has now shrunk to $300

Thats pure Bolshavick

Old 01-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Default RE: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

That's not exactly true. Here is where it stands at the moment...

Individual taxpayers would get up to $600 in rebates, working couples $1,200 and those with children an additional $300 per child under the agreement. In a key concession to Democrats, 35 million families who make at least $3,000 but don't pay taxes would get $300 rebates.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

When you get a big group of political ****** all negotiating based on their own priorities you generally wind up with something no one is happy with. That is why Congress has a 14% approval rating. You can guess how happy I am that I pay a huge amount in taxes every year and Clinton, Schumer, Rangle, et al seem to think I need to pay more for the privilege of living and working here than I already do and that rebates and tax cuts should go to people not even paying any tax. Well handouts, freebies and zero responsibility is the order of the day.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Gooch

President Bush has supported larger rebates of $800-$1,600, but his plan would have left out 30 million working households who earn paychecks but don't make enough to pay income tax, according to calculations by the Urban Institute-Brookings Institution Tax Policy Center. An additional 19 million households would receive only partial rebates under Bush's initial proposal.

So I have to take a hit and give a slice of my hard earned cash to some one who doesnt even PAY taxes? Some one explain to me how this is right.

Keep in mind that because of this agreement your initially proposed $800 per person refund has now shrunk to $300

Thats pure Bolshavick
I believe the final number is $600 for individuals, $1200 for couples and that is only for earners under $75K single and $100K for couples/families.

Furthermore, those who don't pay taxes will get $300 last I heard.

Regarding you having to shell out your money for people who don't pay any tax, I have news for you... you've been doing that all your working life. There are thousands of people who pay no tax or very little tax and get back a huge refund in the thousands of dollars in some cases. Heads of household with kids and low wages can actually get refunds much greater than the total amount they pay if they pay at all.

This my friend is not a rebate or a refund, it is welfare and it's wrong. Sadly, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:02 AM

I don't think this is going to help the economy. The checks aren't going out until June/July, if anything they should have sent the checks out this spring.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Search?

https://www.hummerforums.com/searchp...bmitbutton=+OK+