PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Default Wheel suggestions

I'm looking to put after market wheels on my 3 and need some suggestions. I have a base 07, Bloulder Grey with black black grille guard, side steps and locking gas cap. I already cranked the torsion bars and put 35 Mickey MTZ's on my stock rims. Now I'm looking forsome 16's to put on to go with it. I've found allot of rims I like but finding ones in a 16 is a little difficult.

https://www.hummerforums.com/photo.a...=6&apage=1

Old 12-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Default RE: Wheel suggestions

ProComp Extreme Alloys were my choice, they're 16x10 and very sharp looking. Also they can be styled up further with simulated beadlock rings in various colors.

here's mine:

Old 12-04-2007, 11:32 AM

does anybody make a beadlock ring that can be added to the factory rims without having to purchase "new" factory rims?

Old 12-05-2007, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Bennersj

does anybody make a beadlock ring that can be added to the factory rims without having to purchase "new" factory rims?
I doubt it. The ProComp bead lock rings for my wheels have something like 24 bolts that hold the ring onto the rim. The rim is machined with the holes all around the rim edge for the optional rings.

"Factory rims are Hummer rims" they won't have the holes for the rings so you'd have to have them drilled and threaded and you better do that right or you're sure to ruin a good set of rims. You'd want to take them some place that can put it on a milling machine and index the holes to match the rings.

Totally not worth it... Price the ProComps or Mickey T's wheels, they aren't as expensive as new tires.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:16 PM

I was in the same boat, looking for rims. In the end I stuck with the factory rims and painted with Rustolium Hammered metal.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

2z: what did ya use on the caliper (I know it's paint ), there are several good and easy to find caliper paints out there, just interested?

Benners: I like dem boot brud! KUDOS. Complete sive numbers please.

I do not have much in the way of suggestions, I like my stock chrome adventure wheels. Yep, guess I'm boring. [&o]

Old 12-06-2007, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

2z: what did ya use on the caliper (I know it's paint ), there are several good and easy to find caliper paints out there, just interested?

I do not have much in the way of suggestions, I like my stock chrome adventure wheels. Yep, guess I'm boring. [&o]
Complete sive numbers please? You lost Doc.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 2zRescue

I was in the same boat, looking for rims. In the end I stuck with the factory rims and painted with Rustolium Hammered metal.

Those look AWESOME!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Bennersj

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Complete sive numbers please? You lost Doc.

Ok OK...........typo. [:@] SIZE numbers for your tires. Please. [&o]

Old 12-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Doc they are 315 75 R16.

How do you guys think the rings would look on the stock rims? Is it worth going down to the local machine shop to get a quote?

Quick Reply: Wheel suggestions