PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best tire dressing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Default What's the best tire dressing?

Lotta talk about tires.....now, how about some discussion on how to keep those tires looking GOOD! I know, for a lot of you guys, nothing makes a tire look better then a nice, thick, coat of mud, but for the rest of us, what is everybody recommending for tire dressing? I like a nice shine, but NO GREASY SLING! I've tried 'Meguiar's Endurance Gel' (slings & greasy), and 'No Touch' spray foam original (not a lot of shine, and doesn't last).

Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 AM

I live down 1/2 mile of dirt road. ANY tire dressing I use is just a red dirt magnet. After washing the H3, I just scrub off the tires and leave them natural flat black, no dressing at all. I will wash off the rims and dry them though.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM

armor all tire foam

just cleans the tire back to its original black

I hate the shiny stuff, especially on the large tires of an H3. When I went to buy my H3, the tires looked normal. Then the dealer said he was going to go detail it, which I thought was just another wash, wax, and vacuum. They did all that, but then greased up the tires. It looked awful.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:02 PM

WD-40

When my friends see that they will start in but it works. I use it on the trail too. It helps keep mud from sticking. I towel it on my wheels to for the same thing. Just be careful not to spray your roters. It won't keep you from stopping but it don't help either.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM

armor all tire foam for me, but I cut out a piece of cardboard to cover the rim before I spray the tire

Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
armor all tire foam for me, but I cut out a piece of cardboard to cover the rim before I spray the tire

why? will it damage the chrome???

Old 06-28-2010, 04:52 PM

I should ad some of the old school guys use Pledge. Ya like pledge that your mom made your clean the table legs with when you were a kid. That kind of pledge.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by theBroken
I should ad some of the old school guys use Pledge. Ya like pledge that your mom made your clean the table legs with when you were a kid. That kind of pledge.
You wanna talk about 'old school guys'.....I'm really dating myself here, but in the late sixties, early seventies we used transmission fluid!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:30 PM

The few times I've washed mine I used STP Son of a Gun one step foam. It's one of those spray on and you're done sprays. It works well I guess.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:37 PM

My choice is Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner.

"rich, natural sheen, unlike the shiny synthetic coating of simple protectants"

I've used this product for years on my tires because it lasts. It can be applied to any vinyl or rubber on the truck and won't leave a messy streak. I like it on the interior because there is no build or residue. Will last thru a couple or more of car washes.

Quick Reply: What's the best tire dressing?